a rogue's kiss

I started to dance with him, our hands laced together as our bodies moved in sync with the music. My head was resting on his shoulder, gently inhaling his sweet scent.

It was entoxicating. He should be the one person I hate the most! Yet I can't even stay away from him.

"So princess, as my mate shouldn't we be together right now?" Soren enquired, tightening his grip around my waist.

"As a rogue and future queen, I think that's highly impossible" my heart was screaming to mark him then and there.

My mind was telling me to reject him.

Soren gently cupped my face and stared into my eyes.

"Ayla.... We can find a way, be mine ayla. Every second away from you is killing me.... You're mine and you will always be. I can change for you!"

Soren pleaded and my heart melted at his words.

His face edged close to mine and I unintentionally dipped my head, our lips met.

Have you ever felt your world about to explode!

This feeling was ten times better, I lost myself in the kiss. Shivers ran down my spine as I remembered I was with my mate. before I could think i was forced to move backwards.

Turning around I came face to face with a very angry max.

"Soren if you may excuse us, my sister and I have some duties to attend to"

Soren glanced in max's direction before stepping in front of me. He placed a subtle kiss on my cheek before kissing my forehead. Meanwhile max was just ready to rip soren's head off before I stepped in.

"See you later soren"

"Your highness" he dipped his head gracefully before stepping aside to let me and my brother walk through.

"You have to reject him ayla... As soon as possible" max snarled making me realise that I have to fight my feelings for soren.

I have to reject him. But can I?

Rejecting him would kill me.

One thing max didn't know was that by rejecitng your mate, energy begins to drain from your body. After meeting your mate the process should be completed within a year, if this isn't done your inner soul denies living.

But can I have a rogue rulling the entire population.

The question lay clearly in front of me. Either reject your mate or risk the entire immortal race.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Soren's POV

I held my breath a little longer until aylaxe disappeared from my sight. That was just to easy.

Although I was expecting aylaxe to bit a little more cautious, she played straight into my arms.

Every single word that came out of my mouth was a lie. She didn't know that, and that's just how I intended to play.

All I needed to do was gain her trust and watch her put all her faith in me. At the right time, her hopes would be shattered.

As my mate, doing this would be like driving a stake through my own heart. But I've learnt to never let emotions mix in with bussiness.

I still remembered the feeling of her warm lips against my cold ones.

Walking away I turned around to find a drunk female dancing on the floor.

She looked easy

And I needed blood. Fast.

Too bad little miss drunk won't see her friends tonight.