Chapter Seven: Death of a Deity

Axe, Jazmine and Aziza were sitting in Axe's house drinking some coffee. Axe hated coffee, but Jazmine said he had to drink some to clear his head. Aziza loved coffee, though Jazmine wasn't sure if she should be given more energy. And Jazmine? Well, she liked coffee well enough.'

"So...what happened again?" Axe asked for the fourth time in seven minutes.

"I think you were drugged or something," Jazmine replied.

"Wait..." Aziza squinted her eyes in a strange fashion as she tried to remember what it was she needed to remember.

"What it is it, Princess?" Jazmine asked her.

"First," she replied. "it's Aziza or Zi or anything other than Princess. And second, I'm trying to remember something. There was something, I know there was. You talked about him being drugged, but I don't think he was. I think he came into contact with my sister. That's who it was! My sister. She has some strange powers that she doesn't really know how to control. We're not sure what they exactly do, but sometimes people who come near her are stuck with a weird feeling. Like they were drugged or they ate too much or something along those lines. It varies between people. Did you talk to a little girl, around four?"

"I...I did!" Axe responded, remembering Treysa. "She did this too me?"

"Not intentionally, she probably didn't even know she was doing it. She just has some weird thing going on. To be honest, I don't think she's even human. I mean, I'm human, so you'd think she would be too, but nope! I really doubt it, anyway. I mean, she doesn't act like most people I know. I get that's she's only four, but she should be able tact somewhat like a human. She talks like a human, sure. But she acts like a weird person. Anyway, she has weird effects on people."

"Huh," Jazmine said slowly. "That's strange."

"Tell me about it," Aziza snorted. "Our whole family is weird. I mean, we're supposed to be this royal family. But let's take a look at who we really are, shall we? There's me, and we all know what I'm like. Then there's little Treysa who is obviously quite weird. Then there's The Poet, of course. Oh, we can't forget about Eight and Liii and Kettle Sip."

Jazmine and Axe looked at her with confused faces.

"Eight and Liii?"

"Kettle Sip?"

"Oh," Aziza laughed. "Eight is our cat. He's part of the family too, you know. And Liii is my other sister, but she's really sick so we keep her from the rest of everyone. And Kettle Sip is Kettle Sip. I'm not really sure what Kettle Sip does, but she does something!"

"You have two sisters? That's interesting. I didn't even know the royal family had more than two children. I thought it was just you and Treysa."

"Oh no, I have about four other siblings. But Liii has been sick and so we don't like to show weakness to the community, you know? That's what The Poet says anyway. And there's also San and Mialany and Serendipity. But they left with Mandelon when she disappeared, I guess. And now I've disappeared! So they'll eventually pretend like the royal family only has one daughter. Treysa. That's the way The Poet works."

"I see," Axe replied, not really seeing. I mean, it was hard to keep track of so many names.

"As much fun as this, " Jazmine said. "I think it's time to work on a plan. I need to break the curse so I can kill a monster, but I'm guessing that'll take a while, right?"

"Not really," Axe said. "I mean, It'll be hard, but it shouldn't take too long. I have to find out who cast the curse, but I have to break it to find out, so we can work together some more. If that's alright with you."