Chapter 1

(One year later)

"Baby, another break down on the highway. Here's the details." Lorna said handing Daryl a slip of paper.

He gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "Cheers, I'll get to it now, got Merle working on that car, don't let him bother you too much." He smirked.

"I can handle Merle." She chuckled.

He gave her another kiss. "Good girl. See you soon."

"Bye, be careful." She called back.

"Always am." He smiled.

She heard a whistle come from under the car Merle was fixing and shook her head. "Don't start Merle." She warned as she made her way back into the office.

She heard his chuckle before he appeared in the doorway.

"I don't want to hear it." She warned in a harsher tone.

"Oh come on baby." He mocked.

She smirked slightly. "Don't." She warned again with a hint of laughter in her voice.

"Look I'm just saying, a guys gotta get laid." He said smirking before turning on his heel and walking out the office.

Lorna just chuckled to herself and went  back to organising the paperwork.

She began to daydream as she worked, the events of the last year repeating over and over in her mind. She couldn't believe how happy she had been, making a home and starting a business with the man she loved and they were both just twenty years old.

They had the odd spat, but it was never something that had them running apart from each other, they always made up afterwards, although never in the way Merle had been telling them too.

She knew hers and Daryl's relationship wasn't normal in the slightest, but she did worry that her lack of willingness to "handing it out" as Merle says, will end in Daryl leaving her, but she knew Daryl wasn't like that. He had even told her that he would wait forever for her, because that wasn't what there relationship was about and never will be. There was more to it than sex and as much as Merle called his a pussy for thinking that way, his views never changed and she trusted him, she believed what he said.

One thing that had come up many times over the last year was the talk of babies and marriage. Each time would end in her crying, even if she was the one to start the conversation. Daryl had openly said, he wanted the full works with her, he saw her as his one and only, his soul mate and she saw him as that too. He had told her he wanted to marry her some day, even if it was just running down to the courthouse. He had also mentioned babies a few times, although that was still a sensitive topic. She did want that with Daryl though, they both wanted what they never really had, or seen. They wanted a happy relationship and marriage, they wanted to have children who loved them and they wanted to give them everything they could.

However Oliver's death was still firmly printed in her mind along with the awful things Will Dixon had done and they probably would be for a long time, but she didn't want it to get in the way of their happiness.

When Daryl returned from his break down call out he found Lorna staring into space doodling on her note pad.

She looked adorable, her silky black hair flowing over her shoulders, her green eyes shining. It wasn't often he could just stand and stare at her. It sounded creepy, but he loved just looking at her, watching her smile and laugh especially over the last year.

Her laughter was a sound he hadn't heard before his fathers death, but since he had heard it and he loved the sound and he would do anything to hear it.

He stood with his arms crossed smirking before he entered the office. She didn't seem to notice him as he crept up behind her.

"Boo." He shouted as he grabbed her shoulders.

She squealed and fell or her chair and onto the floor.

He chuckled as he looked down at her. Her hand resting on her chest. "Dammit Daryl! You scared me!" She chuckled.

He held out his hand to help her up, still laughing.

She took his hand, but instead of pulling herself up she dragged him down on top of her.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed as she grinned back at him, trapping his body against her own by wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

She giggled. "Kiss me dummy."

"As you wish m'lady." He grinned before pressing his lips gently against her own. Their kiss became heated until they were full on making out, their hands gliding across the others body.

It was only when they heard someone clear their throat did they stop.

"Finally taking my advice then pretty girl?" Merle asked as he grinned down at the pair.

Lorna rolled her eyes and untangled herself from Daryl, before he helped her up off the ground.

"You have great timing Merle." Lorna grumbled.

He shrugged. "Not like it would have gone any further."

"Shut up Merle." Daryl and Lorna grumbled.

"Now if you don't mind me and my girlfriend are leaving early and since you're yet to find yourself a women as amazing as mine, I'm sure you wont mind locking up." Daryl grinned.

"You know, I'm not sure I like you being my boss." Merle grumbled.

"Yeah well it feels great to me. See you bright and early in the morning Merle." Daryl grinned as Lorna giggled.

The pair walked out hand in hand listening to Merle cuss them out.

"You will if we come back tomorrow and find everything's been robbed because he forgot to lock up." Lorna smirked as she got into the truck.

He shrugged. "Oh well, be funny to watch his face when I fire him then."

She laughed. "You're evil."

He just smirked. "Let's get home. I believe we have some unfinished business to attend too."

•••

Here's the first chapter!

Is there anything you would like to see happened?

I hope you all like!

Vote and comment.