Chapter 15

"I can't believe we are married." Daryl said as he continued to sway with Lorna in his arms.

"I can't believe your brother made a bet on if you would cry or not." She chuckled. "It was obvious you were going too." She joked.

"That damn speech you did." He grumbled.

"Didn't you like it?" She asked.

"I loved it." He said before pressing his lips gently to hers. "I love you."

"I love you too." She replied. "Daryl..." She began, a few minutes later.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go home now?" She asked.

He seemed surprised. "Are you sure? Don't you want to talk to Maggie some more? Don't you need to like throw flowers in people's faces and stuff?"

She shook her head. "I just wanna go home and be with you."

"Alright."

After announcing they were leaving Lorna and Daryl got into his truck and drove away, heading home with Merle drunkenly telling them that he would try not to disturb their bed room activities for the night.

"Did you like today then? Did I do good?" Daryl asked.

"You did amazingly. I loved every part of it."

He smiled and held her hand in his. "I'm glad. I was a bit worried that you wouldn't like the location."

"Are you kidding me? It was amazing!"

He chuckled. "It was."

They arrived home shortly after and entered the house. Lorna led him to the couch and nodded her head to the coffee table where an envelope sat.

He frowned and opened the envelope that had his name written on front. Inside were two charms. The exact same as what Lorna had on her necklace. "I don't understand." Daryl said as he held them in his hand.

"Well I wanted to tell you in a better way, but this was what came to mind. That makes me sounds like a crazy person, but it just feels like I needed to do it this way. It seemed fitting, okay?" Lorna began. "If you look on one of the puzzle pieces. It has a small Sapphire embedded into the middle."

He turned one of the charms over and saw what she was talking about.

"I know you weren't Oliver's father-"

"No Lorna. He was my son, there's no way around it. Oliver will never be associated with that man. He has no right to be known as that boy's father. Even if...if Oliver hadn't died, I would have called him my son. I would have been his father and I would have taken care of you both." Daryl stated.

Lorna just nodded slowly, trying her hardest not to tear up.

"Okay." She whispered. "The other one, is blank. Just as mine is..." She began. "A few weeks ago I found out some news."

He looked up at her worriedly. "What news?" He asked.

"Good news, at least to me it is." She stated.

"Well what is it?" He asked, still not picking up on what she was saying.

"In roughly eight months time we will know if it's a pink or another blue stone to put on the other puzzle pieces."

He still looked confused. Looking from the charms to her face and back again, before his eyes finally fell to her stomach.

"If I'm wrong, I'm going to cry for the second time today. If I'm right, I'm still going to cry." Daryl said. "Are you pregnant?" He asked.

Lorna grinned and nodded rapidly. "Yes Daryl, I'm pregnant."

He placed the charms down on the coffee table before scooping her up in his arms. "I can't believe it." He whispered, his voice shaking as his eyes filled with tears.

"Really? You can't believe it?" She asked chuckling. "All that sex and you didn't wonder once if I would get pregnant."

He chuckled and pulled back slightly, still holding her in his arms. "I mean I did, but i never expected two of the most amazing things to happen in one day."

"So you're definitely happy?" She asked, unable to stop smiling.

He nodded. "Of course I am." He said before kissing her passionately. "Now Mrs Dixon, let me take you upstairs and show you just how much I love you."

___

I know last time some thought it was weird that Daryl would refer to Oliver as his son when technically it's his half brother, but personally I liked it this way.

Vote and comment.