Chapter 12

"I want that one." Daryl stated as he pointed to the dress he had seen. It was perfect, he didn't need to look at anymore to know that. He could just imagine how Lorna's bright green eyes would pop while she wore it.

The sales clerk frowned. "I thought you were looking for a wedding dress."

"I am."

"Well, you see that's actually a prom dress and not the traditional colour for a wedding."

"Well we ain't traditional people. I want that dress, either sell it to me or I'll go else where!" Daryl spat.

The man held up his hand and took the dress of the rack. "Your fiancé will have to come and try it on."

Daryl shook his head. "I know what size she is and I know that will fit perfectly." He stated.

"At your own risk then." The clerk sighed.

Daryl clenched his jaw as he fought the urge to punch this asshole. He paid for the dress, snatching it from the clerks hands and storming out of the store. "Stupid prick." He mumbled as he made his way back to the truck.

Daryl took out his to do list and crossed of dress.

"Next up is...aha,"

Flowers.

He shook his head. "Flowers." He scoffed. "Basically dead plants, sounds great."

Rose...pfft, that's over done...

Wait what other flowers were there?

"Why do we need flowers? Candles, we can just have candles and lots of Christmas lights? Fairy lights? Dammit, I ain't no girl, I don't know this shit!" He grumbled as he pulled out of the car park. "I need a drink."

-

"Daryl what are you doing?" Lorna asked as she entered the lounge where Daryl was sat in front of the television with a note pad and a pile of scrunched up paper by his side.

"Research."

She frowned.

"Those are disgusting flowers! Why would they even pick that?" He shouted at the television.

"What are you watching?" she asked

"Some wedding show. Oh come on? What's with all the traditional shit? You know one of them wanted a Dr Who theme. I mean I don't know what that is, but it was weird."

Lorna laughed and shook her head as she made her way to the kitchen with her bags of groceries.

"My fiancé has officially gone insane."

"Are you sure this is okay?" Daryl asked Hershel and Maggie for the twentieth time since they arrived.

"Of course it is Daryl! Now stop asking and tell me what you want." Maggie said eagerly as she stood with her own notepad.

"Okay, I want fairly lights all across the top, something on the floor to go down the middle.."

"How about flower petals?" Maggie asked.

"No way, ain't doing flowers, apart from something I have planned for Lorna..."

"Okay...hay bales for seats?" She asked.