Chapter 6

"W-will you marry me?"

"Are you going to say anything?" Daryl asked as he knelt in the same position.

"Y-you want to marry me?" Lorna asked as she stared back at him with wide, tear filled eyes.

"Why is this a surprise to you? I said i wanted to some day." Daryl sighed, realising that the longer he was waiting, the less chance she would say yes. Wasn't this suppose to be a question girls jumped at the chance of answering?

Lorna's expression was one he couldn't read, she had tears streaming down her cheeks and her entire body was visibly shaking.

"Is that a no then?" He asked sadly.

"It's a-"

"Oi Daryl!" Merle shouted as the front door slammed open.

"Merle!" Daryl growled as he got up off the floor and tucked the ring into his pocket.

Merle found them both up the stairs. He began to laugh hysterically at how Daryl was dressed.

"Oh god...you look like the pretty boy."

Daryl glared at him. "Been spending an awful lot of time with Rick lately. Sure you ain't gay?" Daryl spat.

"Damn what crawled up your ass."

"Why are you here?" Daryl shouted. "You have the worst damn timing!" He growled.

"Was kinda hoping to catch you two at it like rabbits you know after you popped the question, need something to use while I'm all alone, kinda guess you didn't get to dinner cos your truck was here." Merle smirked.

"Yeah well you can leave because there's ain't nothing to celebrate here."

"She said no?" Merle turned to Lorna in the doorway. "You said no?" He asked, surprised, but he also looked angry.

"I-i didn't say-"

"See I told you baby brother. Women just fuck you over." Merle spat, glaring at Lorna.

"I'm not-" Lorna began.

"Let's go get a drink." Merle said wrapping his arm around Daryl's shoulder.

"Don't want a drink." He huffed, shrugging Merles arm away.

"Now look what you've done." Merle hissed at Lorna.

"I haven't done a damn thing mister!" Lorna shouted pointing her finger angrily at Merle. "I didn't even get the chance to answer because your stupid ass just stormed in her uninvited!" She snapped before entering the bedroom and slamming the door behind her.

Daryl stared wide eyed at the closed door while Merle shook his head.

"Probably on her period." He mumbled.

Daryl scoffed and shook his head. "Will you get out of here?" He asked.

"That's it, kick your brother out for your bitch." Merle mumbled as he made his way down the stairs.

"Go find officer friendly, I'm sure he will keep you company." Daryl shouted.

"Nah, need to get laid not listen to him whine about why drugs are bad for me." Merle shouted back before slamming the door shut again.

Daryl sighed as he stood in the empty hallway.

"Well that went well." He mumbled to himself as he entered the bedroom.

He yelped as he was pushed up against the closing door as a pair of warm lips pressed against his own.

He mumbled against Lorna's lips, confused as to what was happening. She pulled away and sighed. "I'm sorry." She mumbled as she backed away wiping her still damp cheeks.

"What for? Kissing me or turning down my proposal?" He asked as he kicked his shoes off before shrugging his jacket of his shoulders and throwing it across the end of the bed.

"I didn't turn you down." She stated as he laid down on the bed, covering his eyes with his arm.

"Didn't say yes either." He stated as he began to unbutton. His shirt with his other hand.

"Oh you know. Maybe that's because your brother just waltz into our house...again!" She shouted. "Just give him a key or I know, let him move in!"

Daryl sighed. "I ain't arguing with you tonight Lorna. Just want to sleep." He mumbled.

She crawled up from the end of the bed, hovering over his body before laying her head on his chest. "I would've said yes. I was just shocked, I didn't expect it." She mumbled against his bare chest.

"What do you mean would have?" He asked.

"It's all messed up now."

He sat up quickly, bringing her with him. He wrapped his arms around her to keep her steady. "Still wanna marry you." He stated. "But after that I didn't think you wanted to. I kinda visioned that you would get all excited and jump around screaming yes." He sighed. "But instead you cried and questioned whether I meant it."

"Daryl you seem to be forgetting why i was locking myself in her in the first place. I freaked out because you looked sexy, how did you expected me to react to you proposing?" She asked. "Surprised I didn't vomit or faint from shock." She chuckled.

He shook his head smiling before reaching awkwardly behind her and taking out the small box from his jacket.

"Shall we try this again?" He asked.

She nodded smiling brightly.

Daryl took the ring from the box before taking her hand. "I swear if you say no, I might actually cry." He chuckled. "Lorna, for the second time in the space of fifteen minutes, will you marry me?" He asked.

She giggled. "Yes! Of course you nutter."

He grinned and slipped the ring onto her finger just in time for her to push him back against the bed and kiss him passionately.

•••

Dammit Merle 😉

Vote and comment.