Chapter Five

"Hello there Aki-chan."

Shivers ran down my spine as Aka-kun said my name. He's changed a whole lot, well maybe not changed but he's hiding. Hiding himself from the world.

"What is this meeting for? And please be quick, my father is expecting me home." I questioned sternly, making sure to not show any weakness.

"Aw" He cooed mockingly, "Can't I see a friend who I haven't seen in two years?"

I scoffed almost laughing out loud. "If being seen is all I need to do, can I go now?"

"Aki-chin..." Murasaki-kun's voice whispered. My head swiveled to his direction and there they were all standing, even Kuro-chan had gone over to them. It was like they were standing in formation. My rainbow.

"Heh, I guess you guys got me." I announced smiling visibly.

3rd Person

Kise jumped onto Aki, latching onto her. Stuffing his face into her neck he inhaled her familiar scent. Tea and honey. Just like her personality. She acts bitter and conceited on the outside but if you really get to know her she's sweet and overall, a great person.

"Ki-chan, you saw me a few days ago, why are you so jumpy?" Aki chuckled hugging Kise back. During this, Aomine was glaring at Kise. The blonde male realised and removed himself from his friend.

"I guess I just missed you." He grinned nervously, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Daiko-san." Midori-kun's voice acknowledged. Aki nodded at him in acknowledgement. Her orange eyes moved to Aomine and just like the other day their eyes met. In a flash, she broke eye-contact almost immediately. There was this clenching pain in her chest but she would never admit it, not even to herself.

"Daiko-chan." Momoi called. Aki never liked Momoi and this new Momoi disgusted her even more. The old Momoi actually put effort and energy into arguing and trying to beat Aki at everything. This Momoi looked like she played plain dirty, using her appearance to deceive others. Aki absolutely despised people like her.

"That's Daiko to you." Aki declared, smiling mockingly at her.

Aki

"That's Daiko to you." I declared, smiling mockingly at her. I heard her gasp and Ao-kun next to her growl. I wouldn't be surprised if they started dating while I was gone. These hoes ain't loyal.

Ignore him Aki. Keep acting professional. Hide your emotions.

"Aka-kun?" I called, hand in calling position. Aka-kun and I were like twins back in the day. He always understood what I wanted and needed, I'm not surprised he still remembers. We smirked simultaneously.

"Aki-chan, I am coming over to greet your parents." Aka-kun told me. Make them jealous. That was the goal of this visit and to catch up as well... maybe? We held hands and grinned at each other. I heard a growl and I knew who it was. Grabbing my phone from my pocket, I put it to my ear waiting for Sebastian to answer.

"Mistress?"

"Pick me up plez."

The call was cut off and within a few minutes, there he was. "Well guys, I'll see you during the inter high and winter cup." I waved off and grabbing Aka-kun's hand, I walked over to the car.

"How are you Master Seijuro?" Sebastian greeted. "Good, are you?" Aka-kun asked. Sebastian nodded signalling that he was also good. I dramatically gasped loudly, "W-what about me?" I gripped my shirt and flew back onto Aka-kun melodramatically. The both of them chuckled, "Hello there Ojou-sama." I instantly revived myself and grinned at him. "Hello my dear Sebastian."

Silence engulfed the car. We just sat there in silence. I contemplated how much things have changed, I mean that much be the reason why Aka-kun is not talking to me. I missed how we used to be back in the day. This kind of feels like when we had that argument.

Flashback

The wind blew past my face as I trailed behind, following Aka-kun. There was no conversation at all, just silence. I hated the feeling. There was a tight squeezing sensation in my chest, I could barely breathe. Friends? Is that what people call us? It kind of made me want to laugh. Friends don't push aside their friends. If something's wrong a friend is supposed to comfort you right? Then why doesn't he care. He's just walking. Every step he takes is another wall being built. But he doesn't care, he just keeps moving, moving further and further away from me. He's so far I can barely see him. We were walking on a bridge and it kind of made me wonder, what would happen if I jumped off? Nothing right? He would just keep walking. He's right in front of me so why does he feel so far away? Sighing, I tried to reach out for him. But he turned away. I wanted a hole to appear underneath me and swallow me up, so that I don't need to see the light ever again.

Flashback end

I closed my eyes and let out a breath of air. Our arguments and fights are what made our relationship so strong. I wonder if that compatibility is still there. The car came to a stop and I looked up to see the place I called home. "We're home Ojou-sama."

I thanked Sebastian and Aka-kun grabbed my hand as we exited the car. "They're still the same aren't they?" Aka-kun assumed, looking me in the eye. Sighing, I nodded. I knocked on the door to hell and then swung it open. "My word-" My mother was about to scream but stop immediately after she saw the red headed boy holding my hand. "Akashi Seijuro-kun." My mother gasped in disbelief. Aka-kun's family had always been higher up in the economy than mine, that's why my parent's seem to adore him more than my other friends. "Akashi-san, how nice of you to pay us a visit." Father fake smiled. "My pleasure." Aka-kun replied almost smugly. They started conversing and I kind of blurred out. That is until Aka-kun mentioned my name.

"Have you heard that Aki-chan here is managing Seirin?" Aka-kun asked. My eyes widened and my hands starting sweating. "You are?!" Father shouted glaring at me. Calming my breathing down I answered, "Yes sir." Footsteps got louder and he threw a slap across my face, snapping my head back from the force of his throw. I staggered back but found my center and stood straight. I didn't realise but right underneath my eye was a little cut. From it blood dropped down my cheek.

I could feel Aka-kun's guilty gaze on me from the side. Father realised what he had just done and composed himself. "I'm sorry you had to witness such behaviour. I will send a maid to escort you home." Father told Aka-kun.

After he sent Aka-kun home he told me to go to my room and he would deal with the basketball club. My guess is that he would call up the school. I sighed as I made my way back to my room. A disgusting droplet of water slid down my face and I roughly rubbed it off forgetting about my cut which stung as it made contact with the water. I furiously jumped onto my bed and hid my face in my pillow. Fuck life.

---