11

A while after I had calmed down, Esme made me a small breakfast that consisted of toast, a wee bit of jam, fresh eggs and tea.

It was quite delicious, but filling for my petite figure.

A teacup in my hand, I walked to the lounge and rested my head on the couch.

It was silent, as the men were currently out buying some daily essentials with Pol and Esme.

I was alone.

Thank god.

The silence was comforting. No drama. No yelling. No Tommy...

I took a deep breath as I ever so slightly lifted my head and took a sip of my still boiling tea.

I could hear footsteps scratching against the cobble outside. A figure passed the window, head down and hands, snug, in the person's pockets.

The front door handle shook and was soon carefully opened.

I could feel the frozen air seeping it's way into the room, rapidly. This sent chills throughout my body.

I looked up to meet eyes with Arthur.

"You're home early." I say in a hushed tone.

"Pol forgot her handbag and Esme, her hat. I offered to come and grab them. Shopping was boring me anyways. All the girls want to do is look at dresses and hats. What a waste of time that could be spent doing other things."

"Like what? Holding a gun up to someone's head? Counting all your money? You should really start getting used to normal day activities, Arthur. It's good for you. You shouldn't be fooling around with the law all the time."

He chuckled and hung his hat on the coat rack.

He looked at me and his smile turned to a concerning look.

"Bloody hell, Daisy. You must be freezing, yeah? Don't even got a fire? It's got to be below zero. Are you mad?" He rushes over to the fireplace and starts stacking wood on.

Pulling a match from the depth of his pocket, he quickly slid it across the wood trim creating a flame at the end of the small stick and dropped it in the fireplace.

A large wave of flames were born, quickly sending warmth throughout the atmosphere.

He walked over to me and grabbed a blanket from the corner.

"Arthur, I'm alright. Really." I say.

He grabs my cup, setting it on the table directly in front of me and places the thick, woolen blanket on my body.

I slightly smiled and looked up at him.

I carefully studied his features as he adjusted the blanket to my level of comfort.

He looked at me. His eyes innocent.

"Thank you." My smile grew.

He nodded and walked to the kitchen.

Waiting for his soon return, I stared at the crackling flames that danced with colors of red and orange. My mind wandered off onto complete oblivion until I was drawn back into reality by the sound of footsteps nearing.

"Arthur, is my brother with you? Dean?" I question.

"Well, he was with us when we departed... But to be truthful, love, I believe he went on a hunt for your assaulter..."

We sat in silence for a while, remembering the horrifying recently current events.

I gulped and nodded.