13

I woke up the next morning with a smile plastered on my face. I couldn't stop thinking of Alfie. His beautiful blue eyes and smug smile were stuck in my mind. And I had no intentions of taking them out.

I stood up despite the rush of blood dropping from my head and ran downstairs, where everyone was enjoying their morning coffee and breakfast in silence.

Aunt Pol looked up and smiled.

"Well, well. Took you long enough. I didn't think you would ever wake up, eh. We had to start eating without you, love."

"Oh it's quite alright, Aunt Pol. I don't have the time anyways. I have to run a few... errands." I giggle and run to the kitchen to quickly make myself a cup of tea.

I heard a chair drag across the floor in the dining room while footsteps made their way to where I was.

I turned around to meet eyes with Esme who had a piece of warm bread in her hand and a smile on her face.

"What's up with you Miss Smiles, eh?"

I leaned my back against the sink and placed my hands over my chest.

"Oh, Esme. I cannot stop thinking of Alfie. He is such a kind and beautiful man. Yesterday evening, he pulled me outside and he kissed me!" I squeaked.

Esme's eyes lit up as she eagerly nodded, motioning for me to continue on.

"And then, he asked me if I would like to take a tour of his company. He said we could explore distillery... or something else." I jumped up and down in a giggle fit.

"Oh my god, Daisy! He obviously means that he wants to fuck you, yeah!" Esme shouted a wee too loud.

"Language!" Dean shouts from the dining room.

We roll our eyes and Esme whispers, "Well, are you going to?"

"Am I going to what?"

"Sleep with him, of course!?"

"Well, obviously, Esme. He is simply amazing. I have only known him a few days and I already think I am falling in love with him."

She smiles widely.

"But NO one may know about this. Not even Pol. I can't take the chance. I just don't know how I am going to be able to leave so late. I will never be able to get past the men AND Pol." I murmur and groan.

"You really thought I wasn't going to help you?" Esme raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, thank you, Esme. You're my best friend! I love you so much!" I say cradling her in a long hug.

"Of course, love."

I let go and stare at her.

"How are you going to do it?"

"I have my ways. Now go upstairs and start getting ready. I'll be up soon to help you out."

I nod and run upstairs, forgetting about the tea I made.

Forgetting about everything.

DUSK

I was walking down the cold, snowy streets, slowly making my way to the distillery.

Esme had helped me get ready and sneak me out without any troubles.

I thought of Esme as a true friend. A sister. Ada would have never done this for me. She would refuse even though I used to do it for her. That's just how she is. Only cares for her security and none others. I truly don't understand how I was even friends with her in the first place. Yes, we had our wonderful moments where I truly did appreciate her presence and her love, but most of the time, I felt dragged down by her conceited ways and issues. I just never said anything. I kept silent. I stayed in the shadows. Like with my father...