14

The rest of the night consisted of alcohol and simply talking to each other.

Our nude bodies were connected as we lay on a large sofa beside his desk. My head was placed on his upper stomach as one of his brawny arms were wrapped around my waist while the other was holding a glass full of whiskey and a Murad cigarette.

I let my fingers gently trace the large tattoo on his chest as I closely observed the fine details permanently sketched onto his pale skin.

He handed me his glass and what had remained in it. Placing the cup to my lips, I downed it leaving a stinging sensation in the back of my throat.

Grabbing the glass, he placed it on the floor and shifted his body so he was hovering over me.

I looked into his sea green eyes and gulp, as it had sent goosebumps to grow on my warm body.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered.

He sank on top of me as his lips settled themselves on my neck. Closing my eyes, I placed my hands on his back and bit my lip.

His teeth tenderly scratched my skin, drawing the slightest bit of blood. His facial hair tickled my collarbones and my nipples began to harden. I could feel him smirk as he moved his head down to my breasts. His tongue danced across them causing my feet to curl. He continued to travel down my body yet stopped once he reached my area. Before he could make anymore moves, the phone began to obnoxiously ring.

He groaned and stood up fiercely, snatching the phone by the cord.

"Hello," He said through gritted teeth. "Tommy? I'm a little busy right now."

I shot up from the couch as dizziness struck my body. I had almost completely forgotten about Pol and the boys not knowing where I had gone.

Alfie faced me as his anger turned to a sudden panic.

"Uh, no, I have no idea where she is. When did you last see her?... Oh. Well I have no clue mate... Of course... Yeah, I'll keep an eye out for her... Alright... G'night." He hung the phone up and looked at me.

"Your family is looking for you. Have been for a while now."

"Shit." I cursed and picked up my clothing from the wooden floor.

I slipped on my dress not bothering to zipper it and slid my heeled shoes on my feet.

As I was about to run out the door, Alfie grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Did you just try and leave me without a goodbye kiss?"

I smiled and let his lips attack mine, my back arching. He let go and smirked.

"I'll see you soon, love." He winked, while finally squeezing my ass.

I giggled and sped out the door, making sure to grab my bag on the way out.

I ran down the snowy streets of Birmingham, tripping every once and a while on my shoes. After running for what seemed like ages, I arrived at my front door.

Placing my hands on my knees, I tried to catch my breath. The front door suddenly burst open, causing me to stumble over.

My hands and knees were sat on the bitter, white pavement as my body moved up and down with my heavy breathing pattern.

I lifted my head and caught the eyes of an enraged looking Aunt Pol.

Her hand plunged to my head as she grabbed a fistful of my hair, dragging me into the sweltering house.

I screeched as I grabbed Pol's hand, trying to push it off of my scalp though her grip was too tight. I was towed into the living room and finally let go of once in front of the boys as well as Esme and for some reason, Ada and Freddie.

"What the fuck, Pol?!" I yelled grabbing my head in agony.

"WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?" She screamed at me.

I ignored her as I began rocking back and forth, my pain guiding my actions.

"DAISY CAOIMHE MURPHY!" She screamed once more as her hand collided harshly with my head. I flinched and gave in.

"What?!" I cried facing her.

Her hands were shaking and as well as her sweaty, rouge face.

"Where. The. Fuck. Have. You. Been." She growled, her nose flaring with every breath she took.

I furrowed my eyebrows and took deep breaths.

"I w-was out. I, I was just walking a-a-around the city. That's all, Aunt Pol. It was just a casual late-night walk. I p-promise." I said as tears escaped my eyes and dripped down my cheeks.

"Everyone was worried sick about you. I didn't know where you fucking were, Daisy. I had to call your brother and Tommy from an extremely important meeting because of you. Ada and Freddie came as soon as I called them from their fucking honeymoon. Their HONEYMOON!" She barked.

I glanced at Esme who had her head faced towards the floor. She was supposed to make sure no one found out.

I looked back a Pol and grabbed my head.

"I'm sorry, Pol. I didn't mean a-" I was interrupted by Ada who walked over to me looking more concerned than angry.

"What happened to your bloody dress? It's not even zipped and it's ripped at the arms."

I gulped and scooted away from her, making sure my back was facing the wall.

Pol and Ada walked slowly towards me.

"Well, uh, I, you know, uh-" I said started sprinting towards the stairs.

I was caught by the two women.

Pol pulled my head back observing the forgotten hickey's on my neck.

"What the fuck are these? Lovebites, eh? You're telling me you get lovebites and a destroyed gown from going on a 'casual late-night walk', huh? That's it. I'm done, here. You always fucking do this, Daisy. Don't think you're off the hook here, missy. You're getting it tomorrow, you hear me?!" Pol violently released my head and stormed up the stairs leaving everyone including me in silence.

"We're leaving, Freddie." Ada grunted nudging me to the floor.

I lay on the ground, my head and hands tucked under my chest.

Hearing multiple footsteps, doors slamming, and stairs creaking, I bit my lip and silently sob.

The sounds of crackling fire filled the room. The feeling of large hands gently picking me up replaced my feeling of complete emptiness. My head was now supported by a firm chest instead of hardwood.

"Let's get you to bed, princess." Arthur's voice echoed in my head.

I opened my eyes to witness Tommy sitting on the couch with a cigarette in his hand, watching as Arthur carried me up the stairs.

He sighed as I got a final glimpse of him before we reached the second floor.

Soon enough I was placed on my bed and left with a kiss.

"Sleep well, darlin'. It'll all be blown over in the morning."

The door quietly shut as I stared at my fragile hands before me.

All I could do was think.

I was so confused.

I was frightened.

I was hurt.

I thought when I came home, I would be surrounded by hugs and sighs of relief. But no. Instead, I was greeted with screams, abuse, and pain. All by my own family. They weren't happy I came back all in one piece. They were angered that I interrupted their business meetings and meaningless trip to celebrate their "love". They didn't care. And for that, I was hurt.

All for wanting to be loved.