Chapter 5

Wednesday, April 13 - School Lunch

[While in the bathroom, Penelope comes in with another girl, Andrea, and they are talking, unsuspecting that I can hear them from my stall]

Penelope: I had another epic fail around Rascal. I tried going up to show I'm interested, but he just acted like he didn't even notice me and left. Can you fucking believe it?

Andrea: Well, I actually heard something about him.

Penelope: What? And what would it have to do with what I just said?

Andrea: Don't be so fucking conceited, Penelope. Anyways, I heard that Rascal has this thing for a girl here, but she doesn't notice him at all.

Penelope: That sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Rascal doesn't go for girls like the sluts and bitches at this school. He prefers more mature girls. And besides maybe you and I, there aren't any girls who could even come close. That's why he sticks to college girls.

Andrea: Don't be so sure of yourself, Penelope. You may be hot and willing to put out, but there are plenty of girls more mature than you or I. All those damn church girls really know how to act. But, most guys just don't care about them because they won't let the guys fuck them.

Me: *cringing at the complete lack of filter on both of their mouths*

Penelope: Yeah, like Rascal would ever want anything to do with them. *laughing, but stops when she sees Andrea isn't joining in on her joke* You can't seriously be saying that you think it's one of them.

Andrea: Well, my sister, Ashley, was telling me that she talked to his younger sister, Brittany the other day and apparently he's been actually looking into religion and what not recently because of a girl or something like that. Apparently Brittany thought he'd lost his mind or something.

Penelope: What the fuck?! That's some crazy ass shit.

Andrea: No shit. I'm so fucking dumbfounded that I'm speechless.

Penelope: Damn. But I guess that explains why I never stood a chance with him. I knew it couldn't have been that I was ugly or some shit like that. Because that certainly isn't true.

Me: *whispering* Oh my gosh. I can't believe this. Cherry, Tabitha, and Penelope made him sound like he was super popular. Why would he think anything of a church girl?

Andrea: Seriously Penelope, we get it. But that's not the point. The point is that Rascal is somehow "in love" with some fucking church girl. That doesn't even sort of make sense.

Penelope: *rolling her eyes* Well do you know which girl it actually is?

Andrea: I don't know how accurate it is, but Ashley made it sound like *lowering her voice* it was Belle, your friend. Can you fucking believe that?

Penelope: Belle???!! You can't be serious.

Andrea: Hey, don't shoot the messenger. And besides, I find it hard to believe that it could actually be her. More than likely Ashley heard it all wrong.

Penelope: Yeah, I'd sure think so. I mean I like Belle and all, but seriously. Why the fuck you Rascal fall for a girl like her? She's way too innocent for him and would never give him what he wants. I'm sure he's so experienced that she wouldn't be anywhere near his level. And goddamn, I want to be with him so badly.

Andrea: *rolling her eyes* You really need to get over yourself Penelope. But seriously, Belle is so innocent that she puts every other goody-goody to shame. Why the hell would he want that. Hell, even you and your arrogant attitude would be better than that.

[The bathroom door opens and three junior girls enter: Kara, Whitney, and Penny]

Kara: Did you hear that Rascal has the hots for some nobody that doesn't even notice him?

Andrea: Yeah. He must have lost his fucking mind to think that some goody-two-shoe girl who doesn't know shit would be a good fit for him.

Me: *trying to hold back tears*

Kara: God, I know. He has such a big huge selection of perfect girls and for whatever reason, he's going after some stupid bitch. God it's annoying.

Whitney: Yeah. I'm not sure how he ever plans on getting her attention. She's so goddamn oblivious.

Penny: Plus it's not like she's going to let him get any. She'll want to wait until marriage. It won't last but a few days and then he'll realize how stupid he was.

Me: *crying as silently as possible so they won't hear*

Andrea: Someone needs to go and knock some sense into him. He must have gotten it knocked out of him playing some kind of sports or something like that. But all I know is that he needs to regain it back somehow.

Penelope: Did you guys hear who the actual girl was?

Kara: Yeah, that always-got-her-head-stuck-in-a-bible girl, Bella, or whatever the fuck her name is.

Penelope: Damn, she's one lucky bitch to be the center of his attention.

Kara: *rolls her eyes* Whatever. I just hope he comes to his senses soon and realizes that he could do soo much better than her.

Penelope: He could also do a lot worse.

Me: *cheering silently that she's defending me*

Kara: Whatever.

[The three girls leave]

Andrea: Damn, I didn't think you had it in you.

Penelope: What the hell are you talking about?

Andrea: A conscience. You actually defending Belle to those bitches. I didn't think you really knew how to be a friend, but I guess I was wrong.

Penelope: Well, even if he would choose her over me, though I'm not sure Belle would ever agree to date him, especially if she knew the kind of person he really is, he'd still be making a good choice. But, if he choice one of those bitches, he'd be a lot worse off. Because at least Belle's a good person.

Andrea: Anyways, let's go. I'm really curious as to how much of this is rumor and how much of it's true. Because even though opposites do attract, Belle and Rascal are hella different.

Penelope: Exactly.