Chapter 6

Friday, April 15 - Youth Group

Tabitha: Oh my god, can you believe who's actually here? *looking towards the front door*

Cherry & I: *following Tabitha's gaze to see an attractive man entering*

Cherry: Seriously, Tabitha? You can't tell me you're like all of the other girls at the school drooling over him.

Me: Who is that anyways?

Cherry & Tabitha: *mouths dropping open at my question they believe is ridiculous*

Me: What? You know I'm not as up to date on who's who at our school as the rest of you.

Tabitha: That's Rascal. Everyone knows who he is.

Me: Really? *turning to take a somewhat subtle look*

Cherry: Yeah, even I know who he is and I have a boyfriend. He's not that hard to notice.

James: *walking up to us* I sure hope that you're talking about me.

Tabitha: Why? You're easy to ignore. I do it all the time.

James: *childishly sticks his tongue out at her* Whatever Tabitha

Tabitha: *returns his childish actions* But seriously, we're talking about Rascal. He just came in and Belle for whatever reason didn't even know who he was.

James: Oh, yeah. Even though Cherry's in big trouble for noticing him, he's hard to miss. Even I could tell you who he was.

Me: That proves nothing. You're all ten times more popular than I could ever dream of being.

James: Again, you focus too much on God and don't notice a single thing around you.

Me: Really? This, again.

Cherry: James, sweeties. *softly touching his arm* We dropped this subject. She's getting better and we're not going to talk about it anymore. She gets it.

Tabitha: Anyways, enough about that. Does anyone know why the hell that Rascal would be coming here to youth group?

Cherry & I: *giving Tabitha the look*

Tabitha: What? "Hell" is not even that bad of a word. It's in the Bible for goodness sakes.

Me: But we're at youth group. You should at least put a filter on your mouth for anytime that you're at church.

Tabitha: *rolling her eyes* Whatever. But that's not the point and no one answered my question.

Cherry: That's because we don't know.

Alice: *walking up to us so that none of us could see her, scaring us* Did you guys notice that Rascal was here?

Alice: Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you all to death.

Tabitha: Yeah we did. Do you know what's up with him?

Alice: *looking a few times between Tabitha and I* Just the rumors going around school. Nothing new. But I am curious as to why he'd go as far as coming to church.

Cherry: What rumors?

Tabitha: Wow, I thought Belle was the oblivious one. How could you not have heard the rumors? Everyone's been talking about his crush on a religious girl. I haven't heard who it was, but I know people have been speculating about who it could be quite a bit. Do you know who it is, Alice?

Alice: *pausing for a few seconds before speaking* I'm not sure. I've heard some of the speculation, so it's been quite a few names that I've heard.