Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Rick's POV)

I really couldn't stand being alone for too long. The feeling was fucking suffocating and I felt like one step from my room and everyone on the planet would be dead. Honestly, that didn't matter too much to me, so long as one person was still here. One person in particular.

Devin Carter.

In all honesty, my original intentions involved rope, whip cream, and just a one night stand. A really long, really nice one night stand. Suddenly, everything was changing, though, the more I teased and followed Devin around. His violent retaliations were amusing, though, a bit painful, but I wasn't a masochist for nothing. Or a sadist. I could watch him for hours and not get bored. Every little thing he did turned me on and that's when I knew what my intentions were turning into.

I was falling in love with this twerp. This violent, outspoken, evil twin. His cute, wildly styled caramel hair and those glowing blue eyes that seemed to become jewels whenever he was angry. His skin was so soft and smooth, lightly tanned from the summer sun and his lips... Jeez, don't get me started on those lips of his.

The only unfortunate part of my infatuation was the fact that for once in my long, miserable life...

The one I wanted, didn't want me.

It was one of those problems that just didn't happen. It was like drinking coffee without a buttload of sugar. Didn't happen. Ever. Well, until now. Until Devin Carter. Oh, but don't think I'd give up on him so easily. No, once I had my sights set, I sought out any way to get him. Even if it meant making some stupid bet. Little did he know that even if he didn't fall in love with me- which I highly doubt, because, come on, I'm Rick Patterson- I'd just take him anyway. I didn't play the rules and he'd learn that soon enough.

Now I just leaned on the hood of my Porsche, smoking a cigarette as I watched the basketball team scrub down cars for the second day in a row. I was itching to walk over there to get Devin to wash my car, but obviously that failed. I'd have to watch him from afar before going in for the kill.

Which was one hell of a plan because it was driving me nuts to be this far away from him. Currently, he was wearing a nice pair of short black shorts and his sweaty basketball jersey that stuck to his perfectly lean, smooth muscled body. His hair was wet with sweat and soapy water as he scrubbed the hood of an ugly white 1998 Lumina. His shorts were slipping on his hips and I could just imagine taking those hips into my hands and-

Whoa, who the hell is this?

I frowned, watching as Devin's friend from yesterday came over, dropping a sponge near Devin, who jumped and whirled around to glare hatefully at his friend. Oh, what was his name? Demon? Devil? Devin-stealer?

Damien. There we go.

Damien, mister nice and ripped with short dark hair and dark, heated eyes, seemed to be harrassing my Devin. Or so Devin made it out to be. He was hissing something at him that I couldn't hear and Damien seemed to just be amused by it. This was irritating me.

I plucked my cigarette from my lips and flicked it to the ground, stomping it out and heading over to the parking lot. I started toward them and Devin noticed me first, his eyes widening. Damien frowned and turned to see me and his eyes turned cold.

Aw, we didn't even get to meet. I smirked evilly at him and he stepped back in annoyance as I flashed Devin a smile.

"Hey, beautiful. Enjoying your day job?" I asked. Devin blushed, glaring at me before he whipped around and gave me his backside. I cocked a brow, reaching out to touch his shoulder, but his little buddy, Damien, smacked my hand away.