Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Devin's POV)

A/N: Yup, you know what author's note means, right? That's right. Naughty stuff not meant for the kiddies! Of course, it's not as graphic as I would have liked, but come on. It's only the sixth chapter. There's plenty more time to get the lovers together ;D)

So the next day wasn't all that peachy either. The only good part was that my mom gave me twenty bucks and told me to leave the house for a while to let my dad cool off. It irritated me that she would side with him and when I brought it up, she scowled at me, wagging a finger.

"I bet your pardon? I'm trying to get Danny back home, honey. Your dad's been sleeping on the couch for the past three days."

"You're joking."

"Nope. I won't sleep with a man who hurts my babies. Now, go on and have some fun. And stay away from Damien," She paused after kissing my cheek, making a face, "He's a creep." God, I loved her to death. I smiled and kissed her cheek back.

"Will do, ma, will do. So, does this mean I can borrow your car?"

"You crash it, I'll make you wish you had chores today."

"I promise! I'm just gonna drive into town for something."

"All righty, but you be careful."

"Got it." I took the keys off the counter and headed outside, slidding into her small little Ford, starting the engine and heading back to the guitar store. Rick said he was writing a song last night, so maybe he'd want the right paper to write it all down on? And some new picks. His old ones were chipping.

Oh, but don't think I was just doing this to be nice... Not entirely anyway. I was just trying to kill time and make sure he wasn't so sort about losing our bet in the next few days. I smirked to myself as I pulled into the parking lot and got out, heading inside. It wasn't too crowded, only the clerk from yesterday who was talking to a tall, muscular blonde customer. The clerk saw me and beamed over the customer's shoulder.

"Hey, kid! How's your friend enjoying his new babe?" He asked. I smirked.

"Can't get him to stop playing it," I partially lied, approaching him, "Say, do you have any blank music sheets and some picks? All his picks are crap and I don't want him fucking up a new guitar like his last one." The clerk nodded and called to one of his employees to fetch me a box of picks before he looked at me with a cocked brow.

"What happened to the last one?"

"He's got a temper."

"Figures. Most of the Pattersons are like that." The clerk sighed. I blinked.

"You know the Pattersons?"

"Sure do. Vic came in here a while back to have Rick's guitar tuned."

"Rick?" Both the customer and I blurted it at the same time. We looked at each other and the clerk blushed.

"Oh... Ohhh, you both know him?" He asked. The blonde customer frowned, his hazel-green eyes narrowing a little as he folded his arms over his chest, scratchng the side of his head as if the topic irritated him.

"Sometimes I wish I didn't." He answered. I snorted.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demanded.

"Now guys, don't start something in my shop," The clerk complained, but there was a crash from one of the back rooms and he groaned, "Ellie! What the hell are you doin' back there, girl?! Hang on, be right back... Ellie!" The clerk ran off to one of the rooms, leaving the mystery guy and I together. Only, I wasn't so much as mad as insanely curious.