Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Rick's POV)

For once in my life, everything felt so right. Holding Devin in my arms felt perfect, like it was meant to happen. The feel of his skin against mine, my name spilling past his lips as he moaned and whimpered for more attention. He was definitely more vocal than Danny- from what I've heard, don't get me wrong. Devin was mine now. The thought had driven me all day, burying myself to the hilt inside Devin as he held onto me, tossing his head back and moaning my name, his head lolling around on the pillow and his back arched like a cat's.

Damn, he was the finest piece of art I'd ever laid eyes on and he was finally mine. All mine and I cherished that.

I wanted to stay this happy forever, stay just like I was with Devin now curled up in my arms, my body spooning his from behind and my hands resting over his as he napped after what was probably the most wildest sex I'd ever had. And the best, might I add.

I wanted to just lie here and feel Devin's breathing, his eyelashes brushing his cheeks as snoozed, his feet twitching so often in his sleep. I closed my eyes, inhaling his scent deeply before I sighed contentedly and as much as I wanted to indulge in happiness...

I just couldn't forget what had led to all this in the first place.

It made me tense with hate that froze my blood in my veins. I loved Devin, don't get me wrong, but there was just too much burning hate inside me. I wanted Alex gone, out of the picture. If he was dead, I wouldn't think about him anymore. I wouldn't worry or remember him after he died, everything would be just so perfect. Alex gone, Devin here. All perfect...

I carefully slipped out of bed, stooping over to pick up my pants and shirt. I tried to be as careful as possible so as not to wake up Devin as I tugged my pants up over my hips, zipping them up and tugging my Black Sabbath shirt on. I stood up.

"Where the fuck do you think you're goin'?" I blinked and looked over to see Devin partially awake, his eyes still heavy with sleep as he managed to prop himself up onto his elbow. I raised an eyebrow.

"Gonna let your parents know you're staying the night."

"My dad'll be pissed."

"Do you care?"

"... Nah," Devin dropped himself back onto the bed and just when I thought he had fallen asleep again, he groaned and rolled over, snuggling onto my half of the bed, "But come back up here to get my clothes and wash them."

"What? Why the hell do I have to wash your clothes?" I demanded with a snort, raising an eyebrow as Devin laughed sleepily. Yea, he wasn't entirely awake. Which was a good thing in my case.

"S'what you do when you strip 'em off. You wash 'em... Mmm, and grab me some juice and tell my dad that I love you, you know? Just to piss 'im off... more..." After his voice drifted, I could hear his light snoring and took that as my cue to leave. I headed down the stairs and into the kitchen to find Vic doing the dishes.

"Hey, Vic," I said, looking around for my keys and snatching them off the counter, "I'm headin' out for a bit. If Devin asks, don't tell him." Vic blinked and looked up, giving me a sassy look.

"You're ditching him? Wait, wait... Does this mean he actually slept with you?" He asked in disbelief. I grinned in triumph as I twirled my keys on my finger before stuffing them in my pocket.

"That reminds me. I need cash for whip cream tonight. It's gonna be a night to celebrate." I said as he raised an eyebrow before withdrawing some cash from his pocket. I snatched it before sliding it into a safe spot.

"Why's that?" Vic asked curiously as he folded his arms over his chest.

"My buddy Alex is back." I replied. Vic's face paled and he started after me as I headed for the door.