Chapter 1

Iceland's POV
I was sitting in class, next to my friend Hong Kong as we were quietly doing our work which was boring as hell. Like seriously why the hell did we need to learn this? He put down his pen and took out his phone and looked at the time, still twenty minutes to go. I sighed and looked at how many questions I had left. There were about thirty questions left. I wasn't good at maths at all. Everyone else seemed to finish way before me. Just then the teacher got up from his chair and made an announcement.
"Everyone, a new student will be joining us." He said and everyone started whispering around me.
"When are they coming?" I heard Finland say from behind me.
"She'll be arriving soon, after recess maybe." Everyone seemed so excited. I just went back to work since I was still behind. Finally after twenty minutes the bell rang and it was time for recess. I had managed to finish most of my maths work. I packed up my stuff and went outside with Hong Kong. We sat together on some seats outside our classroom. We usually just sat together alone since I didn't really like anyone in my class except for him.
"Who do you think this new student will be?" He asked me randomly.
"How would I know?"
"I don't know," he replied and started eating a mandarin. I didn't really care either, they'd probably never speak to me anyway. We'd probably never get to know each other either. I barely knew anyone in my class. I started eating my apple and finished it just before the bell rang. When it rang everyone walked into class and sat down in their usual spots. The teacher was standing out the front, ready to announce the new student.
"Where is the new student?" I heard someone from the back call. Just then a girl wearing a navy blue sailor's outfit walked into the class. I heard Denmark from behind me whistle when she walked in. What the actually hell? So gross. Just then it hit me that she was sister. We hadn't seen each other for a while. What the hell was she doing at my school? This was so weird.
"This is Lucia, she will be joining our class, please make her feel welcome." The teacher said. People were whispering all sorts of weird things like how hot she and stuff. Eww they were all gross.
"Sit next to me!" I heard Denmark yell from behind me, giving me a headache. But she ignored him and started walking down the aisle of rows. I looked down at my work, hoping she wouldn't notice me or sit next to me since there was an empty seat next to me. In fact me and Hong Kong were the only ones to sit on the entire row. She was approaching me though and eventually took the seat right next to me. I continued to look down at my work, pretending like nothing had happened.
"Wow, you're lucky." Hong Kong said and winked at me. What the hell? I thought to myself. I was just about to respond when Norway started talking to me.
"Been a while since I saw you." she said "You're still so cute though."
"Hey! I'm not! I'm seventeen you know!" I said trying to be as quiet as possible so no one would hear me.
"How about you call me onee-chan, it's been a while since you called me that,"
"I'm not a little kind anymore, now be quiet." I said, not used to interacting with people this much. This year was probably going to go ten times slower now, if my sister was constantly going to annoy me.
"Ok, can everyone turn to page 196 in their history text book." The teacher said picking up his history book as well. I took out my history book and turned to page 196. Just then the teacher said I had to share my book with my sister. I sighed and put the book in between us.
"Can you read for us Emily?" The teacher said pointing at me. Me? Why me? I thought to myself. Out of all people he had to choose me? I hated reading out loud in front of everyone, and now my sister was here. She would probably start teasing me or something.
"Uhh...sure..." I said and began reading a paragraph on the history on Europe. After I was done he asked Norway to start reading. Great, now I would have to listen to her voice. She seriously gave me a headache. At least I didn't have to read now. I sat back and relaxed, before Hong Kong said "She has such a lovely voice,"
"What the hell?" I whispered to him. "You're weird," Why did everyone seem to like my sister, she'd only been here for twenty minutes or something.
"I'm just saying..." He said and then stopped talking to me. I hadn't told anyone that me and Norway were sisters. It was probably better if no one knew, everyone would freak out and not believe us. After our teacher gave us all a worksheet on what we had just read and we had to answer all the questions. I was also bad at history as well. Actually I was bad at every subject. Unfortunately I just didn't seem to be good at anything. I started reading the questions on my paper, confused as hell. Did we learn this? I had to keep looking back at my textbook to find the answers. I had finished one question when I turned to look at my sister to see that she had finished everything. What the hell? How did she do that? I wasn't bothered to do this worksheet. I stared at my sister's worksheet for the answers. I copied down everything she wrote. I guess this was the only thing good about having my sister sitting next to me. But seriously how did she finish that so quickly? I managed to copy without my sister noticing at all. Thank god. I sat back, relieved that for once I wasn't behind. The teacher then came around and started collecting everyone's papers. When he had collected mine and Norway's though he looked at it closely.
"One of you has copied off the other." He said examining the papers. Oh crap I thought to myself.
"Emily, you wouldn't copy would you?" He asked me. Crap he knew it was me. Well obviously, I never finished this quickly.
"Uhh, n-no..." I said not sure what to do in this situation.
"It was me," my sister said out of no where. "Sorry,"
"Oh, it's ok, it's hard to catch up when you're a new student." The teacher said and took our papers away and walked off.
"Huh? What? Why did you..?" Why would my sister ever do something like that?
"You'd probably get a detention or something. Besides I don't want to see you fail."
"Hey! I'm not failing! I'm doing just fine without you!"
"Really? Then why did you copy from me?"
"Because...I hate history, that's all." I said embarrassed. It was true. Every class I failed, and I couldn't let my sister find out. Just then the bell for next period rung and everyone started packing up their history stuff and moving classrooms.

Thanks for reading! Btw everyone is their normal gender except Norway and Iceland in the story. And Onee-chan means big sister in Japanese