Chapter 7

We sat down and began to eat. It was really quiet for some reason. And my sister wasn't sitting with us for some reason. I guess everything was going back to normal. But then if she wasn't sitting with us, who was she sitting with? Well, I mean, it's not like I cared anyway. I'm just curious.
"How come your friend isn't sitting with us today?" Hong Kong just suddenly asked me this.
"What? Oh, I-I don't know..." I said, thinking about how he had called me and my sister friends. Were we friends? I guess I could consider her my friend...only because I'm nice and I don't like being mean and rude. But I never thought of my sister as a friend, it seemed kind of weird. Did anyone consider their siblings friends? Well it didn't matter anyway.
"Did she go home sick?" Hong Kong asked another question randomly again.
"Look, I don't know...I didn't have my last two classes with her. And why do you care?" I asked him.
"Because, like, you seemed to care about her so much, like, earlier today." He replied.
"Ugh, forget about that." I said feeling embarrassed about that whole hugging scene.
"And you never hug anyone. Or apologise. So, like, are you guys really good friends? Have you known each other before?"
"Uhh...well...we kind of have. She's like my sister...yeah."
"What? Really? You never told me."
"I never told anyone actually, you're the first to know."
"Oh, how come though? Like, why haven't you told anyone yet?"
"I don't know...it's just weird I guess.."
"Oh..ok.." He said and then went quiet. I could tell he was thinking about what I had just told him. I tried to not look at him like a weirdo because I tend to do that when trying figure out what's going on through people's heads. I started eating my recess but just then the bell rang. Oh well, next I had science with Hong Kong. Neither of us liked science, so we walked to class as slow as possible. We arrived and the teacher started getting mad at us. I didn't really care though. I just wanted the lesson to be as quick as possible. We sat in our seats right at the back of the class.

Finally lunchtime came and we went to the canteen because Hong Kong didn't like the lunch he had. There was such a long line, why the hell did everyone have to go to the canteen? I was hungry as well. Finally he got some food and we went back to our usual spot. Unfortunately my sister and all those weirdos were sitting there. I hated Denmark the most though, even my sister wasn't as annoying as him. I don't think I could survive living with him. We sat down right on the edge of the seats, trying to keep our distance from them as much as possible. I started eating lasagna and we tried our best to ignore the others. Eventually Denmark, Sweden and Finland got up and left. My sister looked so relieved after they left. Then she came and sat with us.
"Why do you sit with them?" I asked her.
"They sit with me. I don't want to sit with them." She said.
"Then why don't you just tell them to get lost or something?"
"I don't think they would listen." She said.
They probably wouldn't. Or Denmark wouldn't. And Finland might start crying or something. I guess we could move spots or something, but this spot had been mine and Hong Kong's spot since we started school and we didn't want to leave it. But maybe we could leave it just for a bit until the others would stop following us around and find someone else to bug.
"Where did they go?" I asked my sister.
"I can't remember, but they said they would be back."
"Oh, ok. Well, we can move somewhere else for now...if you want."
"Like where though?"
"I guess there's the gym area. What do you think Hong Kong?"
"Yeah, that should be fine," he said. So we got up and went to the gym area and sat down there. It felt so weird being away from our usual spot, all those memories from the first time I had sat there with Hong Kong. I guess you could say the three of us ate silently, which I didn't mind at all. Then the rang and it was time for the last two periods of the day