Chapter 6

We had maths first period again. We sat down in our usual seats and waited for the teacher to come. She entered the room and had a bunch of papers in her hand. Surely those weren't our maths tests, right? We just did the maths test yesterday. She couldn't mark them that quickly.
"Alright everyone, I'v marked your tests, I'll be handing them back to you." She went around the class and started handing them out to everyone. Hong Kong received his and he got 87%. That was his usual result.
"WOW! I GOT 78%!" I heard Denmark yell loudly when he got his test back. Unfortunately, he had moved to my row because my sister was sitting here. Then my sister got hers back. She folded it away when she when she got it, not showing any expression when she saw her mark. Then finally I got mine back. Jesus Christ, I only got 22%. Well whatever, my sister probably did worse since she didn't show hers to me.
"What did you get?" She asked randomly. I freaked out, then quickly folded mine at put it away.
"Huh? Why don't you tell me?"
"Remember yesterday you said you would show me your results?"
"Yeah, and you said that too!"
"Fine," she said as she pulled out her maths results and unfolded them. What? She got 99%? She'd only been at this school for a few days. That must have been someone else's results, with her name on it or something.
"Well, what did you get?" She said waiting for me to show her.
"Uhh, I'll show you later at home." I was still holding my results in my hand.
"No I wanna see now." She grabbed it out of my hand and read it.
"Hey! Give that back!" She looked at it then folded it up again and passes it to me, showing no emotion while doing this so I couldn't tell what she was thinking. I put it in my bag and and sighed, everyone had done better than me.
"Hey, how did you go?" Hong Kong asked me quietly.
"Oh, uh, terrible."
"It's ok, I'm sure you did fine." He said even though he knew I didn't do well at all.
"Uhh, well anyway, good job, you got 87%"
"Thanks," he replied. I suddenly heard Denmark ask my sister what mark I got. She better not tell or I'll her.
"What did Emily get?" He said.
"Don't tell him!" I said, shaking her.
"I didn't, don't worry." She said casually.
"And you better not tell him either."
"I won't, jeez, I'm not that mean."
"I'm glad you're not." I said quietly to myself.
"What? You thought I was that mean?"
"No, no, I-I just...uhh...never mind." I looked at my sister. I couldn't really tell is she was pissed or upset because she was trying hard not to show any emotion. But I didn't want her to randomly start crying and causing an unnecessary drama, even though she'd probably enjoy that.
"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean it that way." It felt so awkward to apologise, especially since I never apologised. Then I gently put my arms around her and started hugging her, feeling even more awkward. I don't know if I was making the situation better or worse but hopefully this would work. I looked up at her, she had a strange expression on her face. Finland behind me was looking at us, thinking it was cute and kept saying 'aww' which just made it more awkward and weird. Eventually I let go and went back to my work. I didn't want to look at my sister, it would be so weird. Just as I picked my pen up, I felt random pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. I turn to my left and see my sister hugging me now. Everyone was now staring at us, some people thinking it was cute and some people thinking it was weird. Even Hong Kong was looking at us, not sure what to think of it.
"Hey, we should go back to work." I whispered to my sister.
"Oh, yeah...right." She said quietly and let go of me and went back to work. That was probably the most emotion she had shown to me ever, and the weirdest thing ever. I went back to my work as well, doing some stupid maths questions which never made any sense to me. But why did she randomly hug me like that? Was it because I randomly hugged her? I don't know, let's just forget about that. Finally the bell rang for second period. I got up and walked to my next subject which was fashion design. Fashion design was my favourite and probably the only subject I was good at. I got out my dress that I was busy stitching together. Thank god my sister wasn't in my class. I could do this peacefully and not have any distractions or annoyance. I sewed for two whole periods and looked at the dress I made. It was almost complete now. The bell then rang and I carefully out my dress away and went out to meet Hong Kong.