styx

CHAPTER SEVEN

THE RIVER STYX WAS A CRIMSON RED, it stood in the middle of the forest. To pass through you have to draw some blood. Ah, but that’s just to get you started. You then pour your blood it into the river and sink into it. Once you’ve immersed yourself into the river it'll change your way of thinking and you'll have to fight your worst nightmare. The river is what makes the Achillean forest, it’s the reason no one can make it out sane.

Time stops once you begin your war, it may never end if you don’t destroy yourself. The very few who have made it out didn’t come out as humans  but as creatures from old myths or nightmares. It’s a greedy river full of wicked games, one wrong move and you wont be yourself once you're out.

Oh, but of course it will have deals to offer you if you don’t want to go through all that tribulation. Making a deal with the Styx is suicide, it does you no good. My pets were once people, people I never knew. It was them whom taught me everything there is to know about anything. Many see them as spine-chilling when all they are is misunderstood.

If given a chance they will want to be friends with you, they are no different then regular dogs. Well, besides their ability to slaughter many, I would say they are just as friendly as any dog. Their stories of course are for a different day, if I ever find a way to change them back maybe they'll be told.

-

MAKING MY WAY CLOSER THE front of the river I could feel it start to change. Blood was rising and so was He. He only wore a black robe that dragged at his feet and shielded his face.

“He! How are you? Haven’t seen you in quite a while” it was a nice feeling to finally see an old friend.

“Hades! Where have thou been? You haven’t bothered to visit me in these past years” his voice was always monotone but I knew he was happy to see me. He would watch over me when I would sometimes wander in the forest, to make sure I didn’t do anything stupid he says.

“I know I'm deeply sorry, but I promise to visit when  I’m done with conquering the kingdom.”

“I think you mean once your done with conquering Persephone. You’re going to be in deep trouble once you make your way to her, what are you gong to do to make it up to her? So many years lost, you have to give her anything she wants you know that right?”

“Of course! I’ll give her the whole world if she wants! Anything to make her happy again.”

“I can't say I’m surprised, you’re a fool for that girl. You better keep that promise boy, she deserves the best. Now hurry, are you ready to cross? Remember once you’re on the other side the obstacles will start again.” His tone of voice made it hard for him to tease me, but that didn’t stop me from feeling embarrassed.

“Don’t worry I’ll make her happy and I'll be back to visit you, so expect me soon. Okay I'm ready, thank you He!” and with that I went under.

My body felt heavy walking through all the blood and I could only see was red. It would take some time to get to the other side, that didn’t worry me. The only thing that worried me was what I would be facing once I reached land.

n o t e
here you go, I finally update again (sorry for not updating last week!) anyways hope you enjoy it!
not edited