a blur

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

3 feet. 2 feet. 1 feet.

The snow surrounding the end of the forest and the entrance of RUINS made it facile to see and hear the soldiers. They were breathing heavily–their breath was visible due to the gelid weather. From the sound of it there seemed to be at least ten of them. These ten would be no problem battling with seeing as they can't camouflage correctly. Calling it a battle is already exaggerating it.

Although I have been anticipating a battle, this isn't what I'd like to begin with–it isn't what I was expecting. Why battle with humans when I could battle gods?

I took a step forward and I could hear them shift. There breathing got louder, there steps became frantic, and I could practically hear their heartbeats. They weren't ready to be in the presence of a god, let alone one that wasn't merciful.

"If you stand down now I'll give you back you're lives." They're new soldiers and not very good ones, of course, I wouldn't want to waste my breath on them. Although I knew none of their weapons would–could–touch me it would be quite upsetting if my new belongings were to be damaged.

They chuckled, "What makes you think you have our lives." I suppose no one informed them on the person that they have been training for years to battle. Much to their luck that person will inform them. "The minute you signed up to become a soldier was the minute your lives became mine."

I took out the new sword given to me and dragged it along the ground. Instead of heading in their direction–on the sides of the path–and initiating the battle I began walking down the path. The sword was making a noise equivalent to nails scratching the wall. This intimidated them even more. I heard one pull out an arrow setting it into its bow, he was aiming it at me.

"There's only been one person who has succeeded in aiming a shot at me, I suggest you put that thing down." He looked about 17 years old which is why it didn't shock me when he let go of the arrow. All I had to do was step back to avoid being hit–he wasn't very quick. At this point I was growing impatient and decided to put an end to the game.

I raised my sword and turned around to face the voices. "Ready?" And with that I darted towards the trees they were hiding behind. They raised there bows and swords heading in my direction. A few bows came first and I effortlessly sliced them with my sword. More and more kept coming that is until I became closer to them.

The first got his head cut off, this brought back the euphoric feeling I've been waiting for. After this I could already see surrender in the soldiers eyes. But, of course, I wouldn't not finish something that has been started. Those with bows were already running out of them and those with swords didn't step forward to challenge me. I dug my sword into another ones forehead and shifted my rings to their sharp sides to strike the person behind me. My rings dragged along their neck to their stomach, creating a claw-like pattern. Their screams were becoming pleads.

All the blood trickling down their bodies and onto the ground made the pleadings even more entertaining. The rest of the killings were a blur–a blissful blur. My sword sunk into ones chest, through ones throat, another's eyes, mouth–everywhere. The rings on my hands ripped through their skin, blood cascading onto the ground, marking everything with my name.

Spring was coming early this year. White was turning into green, but both were becoming tainted with the blood of the naive and the sinful. The winter will take the sinful with it leaving behind the blood of the naive.

The spring will resurrect the naive. But, they too will become the sinful. Because winter has to arrive.

note
not edited.