a humming

CHAPTER TEN

His steps are sharp, the white in his eyes have darkened into black, and his snarls have came closer. The fox stood out in the forest, he looked lost, almost like an angel who awoke only to find themselves on earth. There would be no war today.

From examining his composure anyone who was familiar with animal hunting would be able to tell he was hesitant with himself. There was pain written all over his being, and although he had no collar the stench of wanting to satisfy an owner was bleeding out of him. This desire of his I would have to kill only I wouldn't have to lay any of my swords on him. Destroying oneself is what everyone's an expert at.

He was a few feet away and before I knew it he was right in front of me staring directly into my eyes. All he could do was try to intimate me but just as swift as he came I vanished. Due to the monsters body being three times my size moving under him wasn't difficult. Once I reached his tail I began my tactic.

THE HUMMING

Just like a toddler falls asleep to his mothers humming an animal in these woods reveals themselves. Like the child, the animal can't help but to do so. The humming which does this revealing is one of many but the one I've mastered never fails unlike the others.

I learned this devious stratagem from a few of the sirens I had murdered on a different mission. The vibrations would come together, forming a haunting tune, each vibration signified something different. You only had to hum the first ten seconds for the animal to be lulled to a silent state. After a minute the animal would start to whimper, wanting to unveil itself.

The fox had fell to the ground his eyes were filled with a thirst for attention. He was ready to expose himself to me and as I had expected he was loving it. I knelt down in front of his head and ran my fingers through his fleecy fur. In that moment I saw it all, I heard the cries of angels.

They were elegiac and symphonic , they were wailing for me.

note
not edited.