| 3 |

The next day was quite eventful.

Just as soon as the glass doors were unlocked, a couple from a morning jog came rushing in, ordering two cups of Jasmine Tea, and soon enough, customers kept flowing in just like sand—unstoppable and quick.

Secretly though, every now and then as I kept filling in cups of assorted tea, I would discreetly tilt my head up every time the bell would ring in hopes that I'd spot you. Not that I was expecting or hoping that you'd drop by. Okay, so maybe I was. But there was just this strong connection that kept me pulling towards you.

It was something I couldn't explain, yet somehow I understood. It was like attaining a liking towards the color green. I just loved how I could spot it easily every where I'd go. From the beaches, to the meadows, at home or even when I was inside the confines of an air-conditioned building. But somehow, despite my strong affection towards the color, I still couldn't explain why. I just did.

It was the same feeling with you. Even though, I was secretly wishing that you'd suddenly pop out of nowhere in the middle of this chaotic morning, was borderline to pathetic, I still secretly hoped. Because, deny it as much as I could, I knew that I had an instant crush on you the day you came into Infusion. But as the day rolled on and night soon came in, and now Imogen and I, along with Kristoff were mopping the floors and turning the chairs upside down to close up, no dark-haired guy with a piercing at the corner of his lower lip came.

You didn't come back today, just as I hoped you would.

When the last table was turned and the last chaired was pushed and no guy wearing a dark shirt came in, my mood turned a bit sour. You didn't come back. But who was I kidding, it wasn't as if you came here once on a rainy Tuesday meant that you'd be coming back again for a new cup of milk tea the next day. I'd bet you even forgot that Infusion existed. Perhaps, you were having a splendid date right now with an equally gorgeous girl at some posh and expensive restaurant downtown.

"Hey, Ser, could you please check the tables outside if all the chairs are turned? Kristoff here is being an ass and won't do it," Imogen hollered from the staff room, her bright red hair peaking out of the door.

"Heard that!" Kristoff cried out in warning from the corner of the shop. He was mopping the floor, his long blond hair pulled up in a low ponytail. He tried to act offended, but the small twitching of his lower lip showed otherwise.

Ignoring him and shaking my head, I smiled up at Imogem. "Sure thing. Anything else?"

She shook her head. "Nah, just make sure they're turned and chained to the table. We wouldn't want a repeat of last time."

I laughed, remembering that one night when we forgot to chain the chairs to the tables that were cemented to the ground. The next morning, we came to Infusion with no chairs for the tables. And boy, did Imogen freak out and we almost got fired. Good thing, Lucille, the store manager took responsibility and got us off the hook.

Yet despite the fact that letting Lucille take all the blame was unfair and unprofessional, every body else knew that Geoff wouldn't fire her. Our thirty-three year old boss who also happened to be a doctor, had the hots for the small and bubbly, twenty-nine year old, Lucille.

Slightly chuckling at the memory of how Geoff's angry face turned into an understanding one at Lucille's explanation, I exited the shop and went straight for the tables and chairs, checking each padlock as I go.

"You guys closing up?" A soothing voice asked, causing me to suddenly bolt upright and to hit my head underneath the table in the process. "Ah, shit."

"Oh, shit, sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

I shut my eyes tightly close, wincing as I felt a warm hand cover mine that was nursing my bump. This will surely sting. "It's okay."

"Tsk," I heard him click his tongue and I quickly opened my eyes, only to almost fall to the ground from my crouching position.

It was you.

You that stole my heart even though I spent another fifteen minutes on mopping the muddy footprints on the floor from your Doc Marten's. You with the gorgeous bluish-gray eyes that pulled the most innocent hearts closer to you; you with that devilishly attractive grin that had my insides melting. You came back.

"You okay?" you softly asked, hand still atop of mine. I had to hold my breath at your proximity. Your eyes... they were so beautiful up close. They reminded me so much of the ocean after dawn. The green mixing with the blue in a whirl of calmness and crisp, early mornings, creating an exquisite hue. They were breathtaking, and I was indeed breathless again as I held all the air in me. "I-I... um."

You moved in closer, your concerned eyes inspecting me and I reflexively moved back a little, but your hand that was clasped over mine held me in position. Trapped in this barely breathable bubble that you obliviously wrapped me in. "Are you okay? You sound incoherent to me."

And call me a love-sick puppy and a stupid girl who's never been kissed, but I didn't mean to sigh dreamily, look up at you with wide eyes and say, "never been better, actually."