| 4 |

Oh, shit.

In moments like this, I wish I could say it was the alcohol talking, but I knew for a fact that tea don't make people drunk, and sadly, that excuse was thrown out of the window the moment I spluttered out a stupid nonsense to your face. Though, honestly, it wasn't nonsense to me. It was a confession of a stupid crush I just acquired almost twenty-four hours ago. However, there was nothing I could appreciate more than for my statement to be considered as complete utter nonsense to you.

You blinked a couple of times as if you weren't sure if you heard me correctly or not, and I took that perfect moment of course, to save myself from the embarrassment and... well, blush.

I felt it, the heat that slowly crept up my cheeks as the echo of the words I said played again and again in my head. It was like a silent taunt, a replay of my embarrassment in a rotating circle that kept on rolling on my toe.

Never been better, actually.

"Um, I mean... I uh," I laughed, scratching my elbow. "I think we should stand up."

You chuckled too. But unlike me, you look genuinely amused. "Yeah, we probably should."

Standing up, you held your hand out to me, gently hoisting me up to my feet. The feel of your hand against mine reminded me of a tickling sensation that made me want to wiggle and giggle like a school girl. It was firm and a little rough against mine, sending ripples of warmth to travel up my arm.

I quickly pulled away once I got to my feet, pushing a lock of stray hair behind my ear. "Thanks," I mumbled shyly, avoiding your goddamn gorgeous eyes.

"It's cool. I think I'm the one who's supposed to be apologizing to you," you said with an easy grin on your face. And then and there, I nearly melted.

"Psh," I snorted (but later regretted doing it in front of you), "it was just a little scare. No biggie, really."

You nodded and looked around at the expanse of the café. I took that opportunity to study you up close. Taking in the small details. Just like the small, almost-invisible scar that ran down your left temple, your long lashes that touched your cheeks every time you blinked. Your thin and pinkish lips that looked so soft... even your cologne was so intoxicating. It smelt of lemons, ocean, mint with a small tinge of Coke. And I must say, it was the best smell ever.

"You guys closing up already?"

"Oh! Yeah, it's actually," I raised my wrist to check the time on my black wrist watch. A gift from my mom. "fifteen to ten."

"Oh, too bad. I really wanted some Dark Chocolate Milk Tea." You sounded disappointed and I perked up at the sound of your tone.

Though it was a little weird to hear someone want a Dark Chocolate Milk Tea at almost ten in the evening, I couldn't help but be excited of the revelation that you wanted to come back today. Albeit a little late, you still wanted to come back and to me, it was all that mattered.

I tightly pursed my lips, debating with myself whether what I was about to do was a good thing or not. But hey, it wasn't every day that a person would want some Dark Chocolate Milk Tea at ten. So with a small and shy smile playing on my face, I looked at him and pointed at the shop over my shoulder.

"If you want, I could fix you a drink. That is if you're not busy?"

Your gaze quickly snapped back to me (and I quickly focused on your nose), a small grin threatening to escape. "Is that okay with you?"

I grinned. "Never been better, actually."