e p i l o g u e | pt 1

A grin began to grow on my face when I saw the top of Imogen's fiery red hair behind the glass panels of Infusion. She had her chin cupped in her palm, elbow perched onto the table and a sad frown on her rounder face. Kristoff was seated next to her and Vanessa. They were both busy whispering to each other. Gosh how I missed hanging out with these people.

I pushed open the door. "Guys!"

Imogen perked up at the sound of my voice, her face instantly blooming to one of the prettiest smiles. But as soon as she remembered that I was an hour late to her supposed pre-baby shower decorating session, the smile was wiped off her face. "You're late," she said when I pulled her in for a hug.

"Sorry!" I placed a hand on her round belly and smiled. "Got caught up with something."

Kristoff wiggled his brows and draped an arm over Vanessa's shoulders. "Busy making out with a hot professor?"

Vanessa elbowed him, making sure that he saw the roll of her dark brown eyes. He let out a groan and I smirked. "FYI—I was busy asking legitimate questions that needed to be answered before they were questioned again in pop quiz form."

"Huh. With initiative," he cooed, nodding his head in approval. "I like that. A very good student."

I tipped my imaginary hat with a laugh. "Thank you, sir."

"You're still late." Imogen crossed her arms over her bulging baby bump underneath her soft pink dress that brought out her eyes and flushed cheeks. Vanessa mouthed something that I wasn't able to comprehend, but apparently a pregnant woman grew extra senses. Imogen glared at Vanessa and the poor girl instantly shrunk in her seat. Imogen turned to me with her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed. I sighed. Ever since she had been on the last term of her pregnancy, she has become a lot more sensitive than necessary. "I can't believe you're late."

"Relax! The party will start in two hours not in two minutes. Besides, everything's done and decorated."

Kristoff pretended to cough out his need to be recognized for his help. Everyone ignored him.

"You know that I can't do this alone! I need my best friend! I could've finished all these in no time without bothering you if only..." her lips stretched into a pout and tears began to well her eyes. "If only he was here."

I clicked my tongue. Damn that idiot. I couldn't even mention his name without fuming. If I'd get to see him again, I swear I'd rip his head off and feed it to his butt. I wiped the traitorous tears that dared coat my best friend's cheeks with the back of my hand, smiling softly. "Don't even think about him! This is your day! This is Trevor's day and I promise you that when this kid grows up he'll become the sweetest and most respectful man ever. Any girl would be lucky to have him and he wouldn't be anything like his deadbeat—" the words died in my throat when I see the beginnings of a fresher batch of tears in her eyes. "You know what? Let's just get this party started."

"Yeah, Imo." Vanessa squeezed Imogen's arm. "You've got us and we won't ever leave you and Trevor alone."

She sniffled. Her eyes were wide and cheeks puffed. She looked so much younger in that second. "Promise?"

"I promise," I said, silently thanking the heavens that I was finally strong enough to make promises and mean it.

-

"I'm so sorry, I'm late!" Eun-ji came running into the cafe panting and disheveled, almost tripping in her own pair of high heels as she struggled to hold paper bags upon paper bags on her arms. Everyone at the party paused to look at her. Some were dumbfounded and some rude ones silently laughed at her messy blue hair. I motioned her over.

"Sorry," she said, a lot less louder this time. A strained grin on her face. "Got caught up in work. There was a new kid who needed more attention than everyone else in class—I can't disclose why though—but she looked like she's so sad, and oh my god, I'm babbling. I'm sorry. Where's Imogen?"

"She's talking to some of her friends back in high school." We both turned to watch the small group of young women who were laughing together in front of the dessert bar. They were attentively listening to Lucille who was animatedly waving her hands as she spoke beside Imogen.

Eun-ji nodded, turning back to me. "Oh. How is she?"

I sighed. "She's been crying a lot lately. She almost went to his apartment and begged him to come back."

And that was just last week. My heart burned with sadness at the memory. I've never seen her fall apart like that. Imogen was one of the most put-up person I ever knew. She always had her head over her shoulders and she never acted on her emotions, but watching her break and sob like there was no tomorrow outside of his door with her huge belly, it made me realize how difficult it must've been for her to see me like that just a year ago. It made me so mad that I didn't even think twice of dragging her out of that place even if she was yelling in my arms.

It wasn't so long ago when I was that woman—broken, terrified, lonely and empty. Bruised and battered by the winds of a once magnetic hurricane.   

Eun-ji's eyes glistened. She let out a sigh, pulling the paper bags higher up her arms. "Do you think she'll get past this?"

I'm praying for it. "She will. As long as we're beside her, she will."

I was teasing Eun-ji for tearing up so easily when I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I frowned at the screen, trying to remember if I had given my number to anyone new lately. My mind came up blank. Maybe it was a classmate from one class? "Hey," I said to Eun-ji who was wiping her tears, "I'll just pick this up. Can you watch over Imogen for me, yeah?"

"No problemo! You'll find me with my eyes glued to her."

I rolled my eyes, fighting back a grin as I headed back into the staff room. Oh, Eun-ji. Always bright and bubbly. I closed the door behind me and leaned against the wall. "Hello?"

"Serenity? It's me."

The smile on my face disappeared.

-

Hiiii it's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet~

Whaddup?

Who expected this?

Any wild reactions?

Thoughts?

There will be a few parts to this epilogue and if you know me enough, you guys are aware that I tend to be dramatic so... ;)

btw my loves, you can comment all your questions no matter how random they are about the story or anything under the sun except for the state of my heart (kidding lol) down on the comments section. I will post your questions along with the answers at the end of the story so maybe you can watch out for that?

Love lots, Cass x