ღChoosing how to liveღThe Night of the Comet- Part 2

ღChoosing how to liveღ (The Night of the Comet-Part 2)

Disclaimer: I don't own the Vampire Diaries (but I wish I did)

Skye's POV

"Really, He didn't tell me he had a brother." I said a little hurt that he hadn't told me Damon must have seen something in my eyes because he said almost comfortingly "Well, Stefan's not one to brag. Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second''. He led us into the most exquisite room we had ever seen it was gigantic.

"Wow. This is your living room?" Elena asked her eyes widening,

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste'' a small smirk placed on his face.

''I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. For a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him." Damon smirked like he was secretly pleased his brother was hurt, I didn't like that, Damon he unnerved me, and to be honest having only met him 5 minutes ago I was slightly scared of him. I don't know why I just got the feeling that he was dangerous.

"The last one?" Elena's question startled me out of my musing. Although Elena was the one who asked Damon's eyes stayed fixated on me, unconsciously I shifted my body away from him. Unfortunately Damon caught it and his smirk deepened.

"Yeah, Scarlett, his girlfriend?" he then glanced at Elena looking at her expression and then turning his gaze to me again, he must of seen my confused face as he continued "Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet."

"Nope." I said tucking an annoying piece of hair behind my ear; Damon's icy blue eyes followed the movement almost like he had seen me do it a million times before. My eyes shifted to Elena's brown eyes noticing she looked uncomfortable. "I'm just going to wait in the car" she said watching for my acceptance, I nodded and watched her hurry out of the house. Damon made no move as to acknowledge her and kept talking like she was never there.

"Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end." Damon stated in what he thought was comforting but it made me feel more uneasy about Stefan not telling me about Scarlett.

"You say it like every relationship is doomed to end." I shot back at him.

Damon smirked "I'm a fatalist." He countered staring at me in an almost predatory way. The stiffening silence was broken when suddenly Damon spoke

"Hello, Stefan." I turned around to see Stefan standing there with a dangerous look in his eyes.

"Skye, I didn't know you were coming over." Stefan commented his velvet voice surprisingly hard.

"I know. I should have called, I just..." I tried explaining myself but Damon cut across me.

"Oh, don't be silly. You're welcome any time. Isn't she, Stefan? You know, I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But... I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker." He smirked at me, completely in his element. I looked at him giving him a small polite smile hopefully covering how uncomfortable I felt.

"Thank you for stopping by, Skye. Nice to see you." I sent Stefan a small glare for his rudeness.

I didn't understand why Stefan was acting like this. The tension was clear in the air as Stefan continued his cold glare to his Brother Damon.

"Yeah, I should probably go. It was nice to meet you, Damon." I said giving him a single glance.

"Great meeting you, too, Skye." He said while lifting my hand and placing a gentle kiss on it.