The War is Won

Jon PoV:
It's been three years since Ev was in my arms. I'm scared. All of a sudden, he decided to leave. To become a soldier for our country. I miss him. "Daddy, when's da coming home?" Alice asks. I smile at her. "Soon honey, we will go to the hall again and see if he's there" I tell her as she beams at me. She looks just like him, one of the reasons we adopted her. Her long silky raven hair bounces as she skipped away with our dog Teddy to get ready. I hope he's going to be there. Alice needs him. I need him. A knock at my door brings me out of my thoughts and I open it to see Craig and Tyler with their daughter Mia. They smile as we walk out of my house. "It's time to see our hero" Craig slings his arm around me as I chuckle nervously. Will he be there? He better be. This is the last returning soldiers until another year. And I can't live any longer without him. We make it to the path up towards the doors of the hall with everyone crowding round outside. Only family are allowed in when he soldiers come home. We all walk up to the doors and the others stop behind me. Smiling me on I hesitate before pushing the double doors open. It's the moment of truth. I get a sudden rush of adrenalin at the thought of being able to see Evan again. Bursting through the crowd I look to the right and left searching for Evan.
No....
He isn't here....
He has to be....
He promised...
My body becomes stiff and I don't know what to do. He was my life and he's not here when I need him. Craig takes Alice over to the side as my tears begin to well up. My vision became blurry as my tears poured down my face. Running out of the doors I go to the side of the Hall and collapse onto the floor in a sobbing mess. This can't be happening. I can't cope. How could he leave me? He promised.
Arms snake round my torso and I'm lifted into someone's lap. My vision is still blurry but I make out the raven Mohawk of my love. I gasp not being able to breath. "Hey Jonny" he whispers out as I weakly punch his chest. "I thought you were gone for good" my voice breaking from my sobbing. He gave me an apologetic smile as he kisses my forehead. "I would never leave you forever Love" I snuggle closer to him as he laughs. "And I'll never leave you again. I have no need to" He mumbles into my hair. I peer up at him as he smiles picking me up bridal style. He nuzzled my nose with his own as Alice ran up to us and hugged Evan's leg. He laughed before looking back at me and kissing me slowly and passionately. He leaned his forehead on my own and whispered with a smile on his face that brought one to my own too.
"The war is won"

------------------------
Alright im back onto this book. I feel like I haven't actually wrote on here in ages but I'm motivated to write XD and as always Buhbye