Chapter 18

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 18

"Mate what's wrong? Why can't we talk inside?" Max asked.

"Well...you remember last night when we were all drunk?" Jay asked.

"Barely, all I remember was taking around 20 shots and passing out." Max said.

"Well...everyone got pretty hammered and it was also the night I got to stay with her. And let's just say the drinks turned a little rough kissing into something completely different. We went a lot further than we intended. " Jay said.

"Oh god Jay...does Nathan know? Does anybody even know about this besides you two?" Max asked.

"Seev and the girls know," Jay said.

"You used protection right?" Max asked.

"YES!" Jay said, wide eyed.

"Okay mate, calm down. Just making sure, it would've been a lot worse if you didn't." Max explained.

Jay nodded, "wouldn't want a baby bird."

"How'd she react after?" Max asked.

"Ummm she was...ashamed..." Jay said sadly.

"I honestly don't blame her, ya know? I mean she probably wanted her first time with you to be special." Max said.

"Yeah. And she promised Nath she wouldn't do that. She hated how she lost control when she was drunk," Jay said.

"Yeah well we all lost control last night, wasn't just her." Max said.

"I guess..." Jay said, running his hand through his curly hair nervously.

"You gotta make it up to her though," Max said.

"How?" Jay asked.

"Do it over again." Max suggested. "It seems like the best option."

"How? When?" Jay said, "Nath can't know!"

"I'll help you, take him out for a night or something," Max said.

"He'll suspect something..." Jay said.

"How about we all go out? She can pretend to get drunk and you offer to take her home?" Max asked.

"Nath sleeps in this house too! Plus, I don't want it to seem like it's pre-planned. I want it to be natural..." Jay said.

Max sighed. "I guess we'll have to figure out a way to get Nath out of the house..."

"Well Seev and I were thinking that we each get a double date with either Tomsey or Siveesha and we both get like a night in a hotel or something?" Jay said.

"Well that sounds unnatural too..." Max explained.

"I don't know then....." Jay said, "I just really want to make it up to her. I really enjoyed last night and I hate how she regrets it."

"So you do remember it then?" Max asked.

"Some parts...she remembers more than me," Jay said.

"Well from what you do remember...was it good?" Max asked.

Jay blushed. "Ummm..." He stuttered. "Yeah...it was amazing..."

"That's good...now we just gotta find a way to get rid of Nath." Max said as Siva came outside.

"What's up?" Siva said.

"I just told Max..." Jay said.

"About last night?" Siva asked.