Chapter 77

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 77

Jay walked up to the door and lightly knocked on it. "Love? It's me. Can I come in?" Jay asked softly.

You mumbled a quick yes. He found you inside, curled up on the bed, trying to restrain your tears. Jay sat down beside you and reached out for your hand, kissing it before rubbing circles on it with his thumb. "How could he say that?" You whispered.

"I don't know. It was probably because he was pissed off that you didn't explain it how he wanted you to," Jay said. "Which would have been all in his favor if you did, making him feel better."

"He's such an asshole!" You said.

"He's only being one at the moment," Jay said softly.

You hugged him. "You're so sweet you know that? The way you just took everything that I was forced to say down there, and how you always put your feelings aside to comfort me," you whispered.

"It's alright, love. I just want to see you happy, and when we were downstairs you definitely weren't," Jay said.

You kissed him gently. Everything about him felt so right. He slowly broke apart from you and quickly pecked your lips, smiling. "How about we get changed for bed and forget this whole thing ever happened?" Jay suggested.

"Okay Jaybird," you said, smiling at him.

*Meanwhile with Nath*

"Really Nath? You're really going to go that low and call her a bitch?" Nareesha asked, glaring at him.

"I'm sorry it just...came out! I didn't mean it in a harsh way!" Nathan said.

"Well it came out pretty harsh and now Jay is upstairs trying to calm her down," Nareesha said.

"Damn it," Nathan muttered, "I always fuck up."

"Well you really did it this time," Kelsey said, a hint of anger in her voice.

"What the hell do I do?" Nathan asked.

"You figure it out on your own. All she knows was that you weren't joking when you said that and now she's hurt," Siva said, taking Nareesha's hand and leaving the room to go to bed.

Nathan sighed, turning to Annie. "Sorry about all of this drama, Annie."

"It's whatever," Annie said, slightly harsher than intended. "I'm gonna go home, it's getting late," she said, getting up and giving a slight smile to Tom, Kelsey, and Max before leaving.

"Why do I always screw up? Even Annie doesn't like me," Nathan said.

"That wasn't a great first impression of you, Nath," Tom said.

"I know it wasn't," Nathan said, really angry with himself.

"I'm going to bed," Kelsey said, getting up and leaving.

"Tom? Please help me out? Do I apologize?" Nathan pleaded.

"You're gonna have to. That was probably one of the worst things you could've said to her," Tom said, getting up and following Kelsey upstairs.

Nathan just sat with Max. "I'm an asshole aren't I? She's not going to want to talk to me," Nathan said.

"At the moment, you're a major asshole. Just leave her alone for awhile, she'll probably avoid you anyways, just saying," Max said.

Suddenly, an idea popped into Nathan's head on how to apologize. "She may not want to talk to me, but maybe...maybe if I write her a note?" Nathan said.