Chapter 70

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 70

Once you got to the porch, you broke down. "What-why-wh-" you said, between sobs.

"I don't even know. The guys said he was drunk and furious at them," Nareesha said.

"I need to talk to someone who was there," you said.

"The only one who was with him the entire time was Jay. He followed him to the bar and texted Siva when he got there." Nareesha said.

"Should I talk to Nath or Jay?" You asked.

"Honestly it's up to you. They're both upstairs, I can get one of them if you want," Nareesha said.

"I don't know..." You said, nervous. You were all silent for a few moments.

"You should talk to Jay," Annie said.

"Why?" You asked her.

"You left without him even knowing, you probably scared the crap out of him," Annie said.

"But I don't want to leave Nath alone..." You said.

"Then talk to Nathan, it's your decision really," Annie said.

"I'll stay with Nath if you want..." Nareesha said.

"Okay, I'll go talk to Jay," you said.

Nareesha walked upstairs and knocked on the door. "Come in," Jay said.

"Hey umm Jay," Nareesha said, walking inside the room, "you need to go out to the porch."

"Why?" Jay asked curiously.

"Something's wrong with the hot tub, you mind checking it out?" Nareesha lied.

"Alright but I don't think I'll be able to fix it," he said, getting up and walking out the door.

Nareesha quickly sent him a text.

Nareesha: The hot tub's fine. She's down there, I needed an excuse so you could talk to her privately.

Jay: I love you for that Nareesha

Jay turned off his phone and ran downstairs. He quickly walked outside to find you and someone he didn't know on the porch. "Oh my god," he said, hugging you and spinning you around.

"Hi Jay," you said meekly.

He pressed his lips against yours gently. "I've missed you so so much," he said, not letting go of you. "Never leave me again."

You nodded your head in his embrace. You missed him so much. "You can't tell anyone I'm here, not even Nath," you whispered.

"Why? Are you leaving again?" Jay whispered, somewhat depressed.

"I have to," you said sadly.

"No you don't! Why would you?" Jay asked.

"I've already hurt Nathan badly, I can't do that again," you whispered, letting a tear fall which Jay brushed away with his thumb.

"So you're just going to disappear from both of our lives? Is that it?" Jay asked.

"I just want you both to be happy, I've only made everything worse," you said, fully crying now.

"No you haven't, love. You haven't whatsoever. Please don't think like that," Jay said, hugging you tighter.

"Please don't hate me...please," you whispered into his chest, unable to stop crying.