Chapter 31

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 31

Tom, Max, and Siva walked into the room. "Nathan left the hospital. He didn't say much, he just drove away." Max said.

You bit your lip. "Poor Nath..." You whispered.

"He'll be fine, might just need time by himself is all," Tom said.

Max came over to you and played with your ear. You didn't even resist him this time. All of your exhaustion came rushing back to you. "Something's wrong...you're letting me play with your ear. You never let me play with your ear!" Max said, a little worried.

"I'm just a little t-" you managed to say before half-fainting, half-falling asleep in Jay's arms.

"Love! Are you okay? Love?!" Jay screamed, very worried as he tried shaking you awake. You didn't wake up.

The blood loss, plus all of this stress had finally caught up with you. "GET HER A DOCTOR!!!" Jay yelled at the three of them. Max went to get a doctor as Tom filled up a cup of water for you. He splashed some on your face. You barely fluttered your eyes open, but quickly shut them again.

"...Jay?" You whispered weakly.

"Yes love?" He asked, really worried. You didn't respond, you just rested in his arms, silent to everyone. "LOVE!!!" Jay screamed.

"Please stop screaming," you whispered.

"...sorry," Jay said, feeling bad. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I don't know..." You said weakly.

The doctor walked into the room and Siva informed him on what just happened. He noticed you were awake. "Miss...are you okay?" The doctor asked.

"Uhhh I think, I'm just a little unsteady still from the blood loss I guess." You said.

"Should I get a nurse to get you some food or water?" The doctor asked.

"Yes please," Jay answered for you. The doctor left the room, leaving you five alone. "Are you sure you're okay baby?" Jay asked you.

"Yes Jay. I'm fine." You said.

"God I thought Jay was going to have a heart attack," Siva said.

"I just get nervous sometimes, sorry," Jay said.

"Now you know how we felt," Tom mumbled.

Jay instantly felt guilty about everything he had done. "...I-I'm sorry," Jay said.

You just hugged him. It was time for him to talk to his mates about this. "You have to tell them," you whispered in Jay's ear, quiet enough so only he could hear.

He nodded subtly. "I have to tell you boys something," he said.

"What is it mate?" They asked.

"When I was trying to kill myself here...something crossed my mind." Jay started to say.

"What was it?" Tom asked.

"That it was all over. That I ruined my reputation, career, your guys' careers, and my chance with her," Jay said to them.

"Mate, you know that's not true," Tom said. "It'll never be true. You haven't ruined anything. I don't know if you've noticed, but our fans are loyal. They'll stick by you through anything."

"Then explain to me that if they're so loyal, why'd they give me so much hate and never even apologize for it?" Jay asked.

"Oh, they never apologized?!" Tom practically shouted. He grabbed Jay's arm and dragged him out the door, where there were twice as many gifts now.