Chapter #1

Aurora's Pov.

The school bell rang signifying the end of the classes at Gifted High, I had practically spent the last period trying to keep my eyes open, I was so tired without knowing why. I couldn't wait to get back to my dorm for some sleep, I packed my books into my bag and headed for the door, always pushing my white hair out of my waist, I let it grow long without doing anything to it, it was now touching my butt. I stepped into the enormous hallway and began making my way to the girls dorm. Before I entered, my eyes were covered by a pair of hands. I forced them out of my eyes only to turn around and see no one.

"I know it's you, Alexis, show yourself." I said waving my arms around trying to find her.

Alexis Doyle had the power of invisibility, she could turn herself and anyone or any object invisible using only her mind and she loved playing these silly games especially with me, she was also my Room mate, so I wasn't gullible enough to fall for any of her tricks any more, she knew that, but she always tried anyway.

"Ugh, you're no fun anymore." She whined making herself visible again.

Alexis was a medium height girl with short black hair stopping at her shoulders, light blue eyes, almost hazel and very fair skin. She was dressed in her uniform, we all were, our uniforms consisted of a deep blue shirt and mini skirt with strips of yellow at the sides and green at the edges for the girls, while the boys had the same colour of shirt but with black trousers.

"Back when you first came, you fell for every trick I pulled on you, but now you're just too boring." She continued. I was used to her babyish act by now, it had been almost a year since I arrived at Gifted High and Alexis was the only girl who attempted talking to me, everyone else just looked at me, but things were much better now.

"Alex, I'm not gonna fall for your tricks anymore, so you might as well just stop." I teased her.

"So how were classes today?" She asked.

"It was okay, you?"

"Ugh, Ryan totally kicked my ass today during combat class." She said while rubbing her shoulder.

"Well, you've never been a good fighter."

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm a pacifist." She defended. "Besides, I'm not half as good as you, you could totally beat anyone, with powers or not."

"No, I can't!" I lied, truth is I'm a great fighter and a pretty good controller of air and water. People who could do more than one ability are called Mixers. But we're extremely rare, in fact out of the thousands of students at Gifted High, there were only eight mixers around and I just happen to be one of them.

"All mixers are great fighters, so stop lying."

"Whatever."

We entered our room. It was a large room with dark green walls and cream colored ceilings, the floor was tiled with black marble and so was the bathroom. My bed was at the left corner of the room while Alexis' bed was at the right side, giving space in the middle. The boys and girls dorm were both five floors and very very large to ensure enough rooms and space for each student. The outside of the girls dorm was painted yellow, while the boys was painted green. The inside of the girls dorm was also painted cream while the ceilings were white.

I was a little taller than Alexis and I was born with snow white hair, like Elsa's in Frozen, that's what Alexis calls me sometimes.

"Hey Alex, do you wanna go get lunch or should we just order for some." I asked Alexis, who was in the bathroom. I was changing into a pair of skinny jeans and a tight top, I brushed my hair and let it all the way down, I really loved it. I laid in bed while waiting for her answer.

"Lets just order some pizza and watch TV, I'm too tired to go back downstairs." I didn't blame her, our room was on the fourth floor.

"OK!" I yelled. There was a phone installed in each room if you wanted to order for food, or assistance. I picked up the telephone from the centre table and dialled the cafeteria.

"Hello, Gifted High cafeteria, how can I help you?" Said the voice from the other side.

"Hi, a medium box of pizza and two bottles of coke for room 308 please." I said.

"Sure, it'll be up in two minutes." They answered.

"Thanks." I hung up.

I checked the wall clock and it read 5:38 pm, I laid on the bed and turned on the Flat Screen at the front wall, there was nothing but cartoons, soap opera, music channels and so on. Alexis was a nerd for anime and cartoons.

"Hey, Alex! You better hurry up in there, there's a new season of Naruto showing." I called.

"Seriously?" She peeped her head outside the bathroom door.

"Yeah." She came out in leggings and a crop top with her hair braided. She settled on her bed and I watched with her when someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Its Stacey, open up." Stacey Roberts was another friend of mine, her room was downstairs so she didn't always come. Stacey was also a Mixer, she could control fire and magic. She was very unique because one wouldn't expect fire and magic to go together, but she had no trouble in controlling them both.I went over and unlocked the door for her, she came in still in her uniform.

"Hey Stacey, what's up?" I greeted.

"Just came to say hi and hang!"

"Cool." The door knocked behind her and I answered it. It was the food I ordered, I accepted it, thanked the delivery guy and went in to drop them. Alexis eyes were glued to the TV and there was no distracting her at all. I grabbed a slice of pizza and opened my bottle of coke and shared with Stacey while we watched endless episodes of Naruto, I wasn't a big fan of it, but for Alexis' sake I tried. Slowly, I drifted into sleep and the next thing I knew, I dozed off into the night.