Chapter #9

I'm still in the middle of exams but I had to sneak an update just for you guys. ☺Please vote, comment and most importantly enjoy.

Aurora's Pov.

We stepped into the Weapon Mastery class, Mr Victor welcomed us in. I went for the front seat this time, avoiding Scarlet at the back.

"Welcome, Gifted mixers." He gave an enthusiastic smile, his lean figure and medium height beaming in his black turtleneck and black jeans, he looked like a ninja without his mask.

He waited patiently as we came in slowly, obviously worn out from the last class.

"Today's lesson might be a little challenging for you. I will teach you how to link your powers into a weapon."

Everyone seemed curious at that statement as they began whispering, I raised my hand.

"Yes, Aurora?" He gestured for me to ask. I stood up.

"Why would we need to learn that?" I asked.

"It'll give you a great advantage and enhance your weapon's strength in battle. It'll also work on any weapon."

I sat down.

"I'll need a volunteer to demonstrate this with." He called.

We all maintained silence while he glanced at all of us one by one, then his eyes stopped at me.

"Aurora, why don't you help me with the demonstration?" He offered a hand in front of me.

"Um..." I reluctantly placed my hand in his and he pulled me up into the big space in front of the class. My face flushed at the sight of the others on me, eyes wide.

He went to his desk and pressed a button I didn't see. The wall beside the desk slid open like an elevator door revealing shelf upon shelf of weapons, all sorts of weapons. He picked out two short swords meant for practice and threw one my way, I caught it with ease.

"Now, watch me carefully." He instructed, his voice low but serious.
He was a master fire user, I watched him as he closed his eyes and slowly the blade in his hand began to ignite. The next thing I knew, the whole sword was swallowed up in flames but didn't burn up, it just stayed engulfing the sword, all except the handle. He opened his eyes as everyone wowed and applauded including me where I stood.

He gave a slight bow then turned to me.

"Now Aurora, focus on your powers and your weapon. Try combining them in your mind."

I followed and closed my eyes, I pictured the weapon in my hand and my water powers. I imagined them clashing and coming together as one, but when I opened my eyes my sword was still in my hand, the same way it was. I heard some of them chuckle from behind.

"Don't worry, like I said, this can be a difficult task. Try again and this time focus and try to feel your powers take effect."

I closed my eyes again, this time I thought about water, the way it flows so effortlessly and air, the way on danced around freely on command. They had a lot of similarities, but also equal differences. Then I thought of ice, how cold it was, how tingling it felt when in contact with skin, and finally I imagined the sword on my hand, the elements infused within it, as one.

"Wow!" I still had my eyes closed when that sound came from everyone's mouths. I opened my eyes and saw my sword, it was gleaming as it was coated in ice, and the ice made it twice as sharp, twice as strong as it was. It was like I could feel exhilaration coming from the sword, out of shock, I dropped it.