Chapter #22

A/N Happy New Year!! 😆 😆 😆

I wish all of you a better, and hopefully more fulfilling 2021. I wonder if I'm the only one who still hasn't written a single resolution yet... Maybe you guys can help me?

Comment down your new years resolution and help me find one for myself 😂. Seriously, please help me, I don't have one yet.

I'm gonna be ramping up some slightly awkward romantic tension here lol. Let me know what you think. And feel free to dm me or follow me on my IG and/or Twitter so we can be friends and you can have some sneak peeks here and there of my writing plan and how I go about writing in general.
Links are in my profile but I'll add em after the chapter just for you. 🤭

Let's get on with it shall we?

Aurora's Pov

Although I was sure I was away from danger, I couldn't get that man out of my head. He kept appearing almost everytime I was unconscious. Like now...

I'm trying to escape and he has me in this mental grip, holding me in place with nothing but his will... Or was it my fear? I'm yelling at myself to wake up, to finally let myself be free from this nightmare but it somehow gets worse...

The scene somehow changes in the blink of an eye and now I'm in a room. It's dark and the only lights are what little soft beams the moon provides through the open window.

The light let's me see that I'm standing in what seems to be a bedroom, and there's a baby crib right beside me.

Before I could crane my neck to peak at the bottom, a thud sounds from the outside the door across from me.

A thud...

Another thud...

And another...

Suddenly the thud's pattern doubles in speed, as if someone is heavily running closer and closer towards this room.

I clenched my fists shut in agitation and silently prayed that the owner of those thuds never reached its destination, but who's prayers are ever answered in a nightmare?

A new set of thuds soon join, as if chasing the first, there's an obvious physical struggle, given in forms of grunting and loud mumbling. Then an even larger thud follows, as if one of the thuds had fallen, or rather, had been thrown by the other.

A sudden burst of the door follows and I'm greeted with a dark figure, followed by another, probably being the one that fell.

The first silhouette sports a pair of yellow irises and that's all the info I need to know exactly where I am.

The second figure proceeds to make a silent cry and a large flicker of flames springs up, engulfed in his hands.

The bright orange flames allow sight of the owner's face, revealing angry, set eyes, blue in contrast to the vibrance of the flames. A strong jaw sets next and sends a spasm of muscle to his temples which are almost completely covered by a mess of white, silvery hair.

I didn't need any further luminance to let me know my frown was matching his perfectly, it brought just a moment of closure, almost like I could reach out and let him know I was here.

But I've had enough dreams to know what was real and what wasn't.

My peaceful moment couldn't be any shorter as the yellow-eyed stranger turns to fully face my father. He seems to be annoyed by now, probably because he can't seem to shake my father away for good.

My father wasted no time in throwing the fist-sized flame at the assailant, but it just died down to a harmless spark before it even landed on him.