Chapter #10

A/N I'm really sorry if I'm upsetting anyone with my late updates, I don't mean to but it's not every time I get internet connection. Sometimes I have to wait till midnight before I can give an update. On the bright side, I'm finally done with exams. Yay!! Now I can fully concentrate on writing.

Some songs I listened to while writing...

Rather Be ft Jess Glynne. - Clean Bandit.

The Greatest - Sia.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, vote, comment and share.

Dylan's Pov. (Minutes before the accident).

I was finally given a break from my supervising duty. I had to assist teachers on Tuesdays by training with the junior students. After having lunch at the cafeteria with Shane and the guys I had to go and feed my dragon, Jewel.

"Afternoon, Nina." I greeted the woman sitting behind her desk in the waiting room.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Pelt." She said, removing the pen from behind her ear to write something down. "Here to check on Jewel?"

"Yes please." I winked jokingly at her and she laughed.

"Go ahead." She said after writing. "The mixers are in there though." She added.

"Why?" I wrinkled my brow at her.

"Lately, the headmistress allowed them to their dragons. They're in there choosing as we speak." She pointed to the dragon's keep door.

I straightened my leather jacket and walked in. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder towards her, Aurora.

What dragon has she chosen? Probably one that matches her raging attitude.

I laughed to myself as I made my way down the tunnel, lost in thought. I soon came across Stacey, she was looking at the black dragon in front of her, I recognised him.

"Hi." I came behind her. She spun quickly, obviously spooked.

"Oh, um... I..." She kept fumbling for words which just amused me.

"You're Stacey right? You like that one?" I ignored her shyness and gestured to the black dragon.

"Um, yeah. I j-just can't decide on a name." She was scratching the top of her head.

"How about Midnight, it matches his appearance." I suggested and her face broke into a grin.

"That's perfect." She gasped.
"Thanks!"

"Uh, is Aurora here?" I quickly changed the subject.

"Yeah, I saw her go farther down with Mr Cue, don't know why though."

"Thanks." I left her but she didn't even respond, she kept staring weirdly at the dragon.

I got closer and closer towards the end of the tunnel but I didn't see her until I reached the end where Jewel was fast asleep on the right cell of the room. Aurora was standing on the left side in front of the white dragon's cell, I was still at least twelve feet away from her when I saw her do the stupidest thing ever. She reached her arm into the cell to touch it. Just as I expected, the dragon opened his mouth and went straight for a bite.