Chapter #15

Aurora's Pov

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!" I screamed as loud as I could and tightened my grip around Dylan's stomach as we zipped through the air on his dragon, Jewel's back.

Why did I agree to do this? Why? Why? Why?!

Dylan was saying something but it was impossible to hear over the rushing winds as it swept past my face, leaving my hair blown backwards in a straight line.

We were flying so high that I began to wonder how we haven't hit the skylight yet, how high exactly was this thing and how fast could this dragon fly? I couldn't even see anything as we flew by, just blurs and more blurs all the while.

Jewel went into a perfect backwards loop and soon did a corkscrew before flying straight upwards, this time my body was completely off the dragon's back and the only thing keeping me still was my shaking arms around Dylan's waist.

How was he still holding onto this thing, I'm hanging on for dear life here and he's not even budging.

After what seemed like forever, Jewel came to a stop in mid air and I could finally see my reflection on the glass dome. Disaster was an understatement compared to the state of my hair.

So that's how high it is?

I would have reached and touched it if I wasn't holding onto Dylan all the while, I was determined not to let go until we reached ground again. Then I'm gonna punch him as hard as I can for letting me get on this flying, torturous creature.

"How are you holding up back there?" He asked. Maybe he couldn't hear a single note of my terrified screams through the whooshing sounds of the wind as we flew.

"How are you keeping it together? I think I'm gonna have a sore throat from all this screaming!"

"You were screaming?" Dylan chuckled loudly. So he couldn't hear me at all. Or he was pretending not to hear me.

"You didn't hear me?"

"Of course I did! You've been shouting even before we took off!" He started laughing louder. I could feel his stomach harden under my grip as he laughed.

"This isn't funny!" I yelled. "Go back down!"

"If you say so!" He answered, then turned his attention to Jewel. "Yarh!"

And once again I was off the dragon, only holding on with my weakening arms as Jewel retracted her wings for speed and we came plummeting down to the earth, I only screamed louder, ignoring the fact that my windpipe was killing me.

The ground got larger and larger and we only came down faster and faster until a huge 'FLAP' sound drowned out my screaming as Jewel opened up her wings once again and we drifted slowly, covering the little distance between us and the earth. Oh, how good it felt to be on solid ground again.

I immediately jumped off the dragon's back and was about to head straight for Dylan until I felt my legs wobble and shake, then I fell flat on my stomach.

"Jewel, give her a hand." I heard Dylan call to his dragon.

I soon felt Jewel's tail slither under my torso and pushed me up until I was rolled over on my back. She then proceeded to push my back up until I was sitting up.

I felt dizzy and confused for a few minutes and when I finally came to, I was on a bench resting against the wall in Jewel's cage. Dylan was patting her on the head, his back turned to me. He noticed me after Jewel hummed at me.

"You're awake." His face was serious this time.

"What happened?" I placed my hand on my head to steady the room from spinning.