Prologue

Lauren saw the boat come in. It was huge, similar in size to the British Naval ships that her father would show her and her younger sister, Taylor, all the time. But, this ship was different. There was no British flag proudly on display, instead a black flag with a skull and crossbones. She knew what this meant...pirates.

Lauren was taught to fear pirates. Her father, Governor Michael Jauregui, told her that they were evil people set on destruction. He always assured her that the British Navy could take care of any pirates that try to attack their province, but they never anticipated Captain Alejandro Cabello and Quartermaster Sinuhe Cabello.

Sure, they had heard about the infamous pirates Cabello. Sinuhe Cabello came from the Prussian empire and met the fellow pirate Alejandro Cabello, on Tortuga. They lived in sin, as her father would say. Sinuhe was unable to conceive a baby and that's how rumors were spread about the Cabellos being so ruthless that they stole a girl and raped her until she bore them a child and then killed her.

But, the British Navy was unprepared for the attack the Cabellos led. They gathered several groups of pirates and took over the province. The Navy never stood a chance and neither did they.

Lauren saw Alejandro and Sinuhe Cabello once before she lost her freedom. They took her father away before instructing another pirate called Simon to auction off her, her mother, and her sister with the other women of the province to the pirates. They were bound in ropes and sent over to the street where a bunch of pirates were gathered. A banner was strung out over their heads that read "Wench Auction".

Girls were sold in front of her. Some went for as few as three pieces of gold, while others as much as fiftheen. Her sister was to be sold next and Lauren had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"The younger daughter of the Governor of the province," Simon started. "She's a fine piece of ass, mateys. Let's start the bidding at 5 pieces of gold." Taylor was quickly sold for eight pieces of gold. Lauren was up next.

"The eldest daughter of the Governor Jauregui. She's an unmarried virgin. Pretty lil' lass. Blidding starts at 10 pieces of gold."

Lauren quickly surveyed the crowd. She didn't want any of these men to own her. Then one particularly nasty looking man called out "10 pieces."

"10 pieces from Corkscrew."

"12," another pirate rang out.

"12 from Shawn."

"15," Corkscrew countered again.

"17," a third pirate called.

"20," Corkscrew countered again before Simon could announce the bid. Lauren got a good look at Corkscrew. He was old. Probably older than her father, and missing some teeth. He had a scowl that made her wince, and she could tell just by looking at him that he was not going to be a good person to be owned by.

"20, from Corkscrew. Going once, twice."

"30 pieces of gold," a feminine voice called out. Lauren looked up at the girl who was standing at the top of the stairs where the bidding pirates were sitting. She was short, with tan skin and dark hair. She had on a white shirt that left the top of her breasts uncovered underneath a red jacket. She had on long black boots and a short balck skirt. She stood with the tall, skinny, blonde companion, who was wearing a black and white striped shirt with tight black pants.

"Sold," Simon quickly announced, "to Nostra Stella Cabello."

'Cabello,' Lauren quickly thought to herself, 'couldn't be related to Alejandro and Sinuhe.' She quickly searched the crowd again and sure enough, Alejandro and Sinuhe were at the top of the steps on the opposite side from Nostra Stella and her blonde friend. The two pirates had her father in chains. Michael Jauregui must have just watched his two daughters get sold and his wife was up next. The two pirates gleamed with pride.

Nostra Stella Cabello worked her way towards her. At first, Lauren was glad. This girl could be her savior. All those male pirates were out there to rape her, to take her virtue. But, this was a girl. Maybe she'd be differend.

Nostra Stella pulled at the ropes to lead Lauren away. "Come on, wench," Nostra Stella commanded. Lauren held still. The abruptness of the brunette's tone scared her. For one second, Lauren believed she saw compassion in the other girl's brown eyes, but it was quickly masked by anger.

Nostra Stella reached into her jacket and pulled out a pistol. "I said, come on, wench." This time when she pulled on the restraints, Lauren followed along. "We're going back to my room," the brunette girl informs the crowd. Lauren looked like she was going to follow them, but a quick shake of the brunette's head and her companion halted.

Lauren cried seeing her father struggle to reach out for her as she passed him and the Cabellos. And even though her tear filled eyes, she could see the smile exchanged between the Cabellos and Nostra Stella. Lauren thought this girl would be her savior, but she was wrong. Nostra Stella Cabello was the daughter of Alejandro and Sinuhe. Lauren was in deep shit.