Chapter 1

Camila "Nostra Stella" Cabello loved being a pirate. Then again, when it was the only life she's ever know how could she not like it?

Her parents were two of the toughest pirates out there. But, they had reasons to be tough. Alejandro became a pirate out of revenge. The British took his mother to be a slave when he was a young boy. This was Alejandro's way of getting even. And Sinuhe, she was looked at as weak. Being a pirate made weak Sinuhe seem much stronger.

When they met, it was love at first sight. Alejandro never felt any attraction until Sinu came along. They planned to ransack a couple of villages together and they never left each other after that. Sinuhe even took Alejandro's surname after a few years as a symbol of her devotion to the man.

They quickly became feared pirates. It's not because they were extremely ruthless, but rather it was because they were great leaders. Alejandro was an extremely competent fighter and Sinu was a great planner. They organized and orchestrated many pirate battles and hostile takeovers. They gained enough wealth and supplies to last decades. They even captured an island in the Caribbean and renamed it "Isla de Cabellos," the island of the Cabellos. But, because they were fair to peasants there, and only killed or sold the rich that oppressed them, the Cabellos were able to keep the island without opposition. Alejandro and Sinu had a good life, but they wanted something more; a child.

So one day, when they passed by a wench auction held by another pirate in Italy, they bought one. The girl was pretty, but it was her voice that drew them to her. The girl sang softly to herself as she and the others were being auctioned off. But, Alejandro and Sinu heard her and she was their personal siren. Her name was Shelby.

They treated Shelby well. They were gentle and kind. They didn't force her to have sex with them, but she agreed to help them bare a child. Alejandro and Sinu never knew if she agreed because they paid for her and she felt obligated or if she genuinely liked them and wanted to help them. They were grateful for what she was doing for them, and promised to give her pirate status once she gave birth.

But Shelby died in childbirth. Alejandro and Sinu were so upset when she died, and even more upset that Shelby never got to meet Nostra Stella, "our star." They named her Camila, but to the pirates she will always be known as their star, because she is their star. Camila has a voice like Shelby's and never ceased to amaze her parents.

Camila was pirate from day one, but she wasn't alone in that. There were a few children growing up with her. There was Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, who was called just Shawn. Unlike Camila, Shawn wasn't planned. Shawn's father impregnated his wench and wanted to kill her when he found out that she was with child. But, Sinu wouldn't have it, so Shawn was born. But, Papa Mendes didn't stick around. He killed the wench and took off when Shawn was five years old. Alejandro and Sinu raised the boy and taught him all he needed to learn as a pirate. They wanted him to look at them as his parents, but not so much that he would see Camila as his sister. They wanted Camila and Shawn to be together and even allowed Shawn to take Camila's virginity so it wouldn't be stolen away. But, Camila didn't want Shawn and admitted to her parents that she liked girls better than boys. Alejandro and Sinu had no choice, but to accept that.

So, they tried to hook Camila up with the other child on board. Her name was Dinah Jane Hansen. Dinah's dad was a pirate who bought his wife in wench auction. Her father, Nick , fell in love and married Demi. For that, the Cabello's gave her full rights as a pirate on the ship and they were happy. Dinah was born six months before Camila, and Nick nicknamed Dinah, "Mia Bailarin," because she was his little dancer. But, Nick died in battle not too long after Dinah was born, and Demi quickly took his place as a pirate officer. In the hierarchy system, Demi Lovato was officially third from the top. Unofficially, that spot was Camila's, who Demi took in as her surrogate daughter, but Camila was not of age to claim that position.