Epilogue

*Five Years Later*

When Camila bought the emerald eyed beauty in the wench auction, she never expected to actually fall in love with her. But, she did. Camila learned to love Lauren just by having her in her bed and being there for each other. Camila protected her and she in turn, gained a powerful confidant.

And somehow, Lauren learned to love her back. Maybe it was because she was in a complicated situation and the girl clung to the other pirate for lack of anyone else. But, Camila wanted to believe that Lauren loved her because she was good to the wench and that it was enough to wear down her old notions against homosexuality.

But, whatever the reason, the fact remained; Lauren and Camila were hopelessly in love with each other. Camila didn't think that she could love the girl any more than she already did, but she does. At this moment in particular, Camila loves Lauren more than anything else in the world.

"Fuck you!" Lauren swore. "This thing is never coming out!" Camila just held her wife's hand, as Lauren tried to push their child out of her body.

"Baby," Camila cooed, "you're doing great."

"Camila, shut up. I hate you right now," the other girl yelled as she squeezed Camila's hand.

"Ow."

"That's nothing." Shawn just laughed at Lauren's griping. And Lauren snapped at the new Captain of "La Baja." "What are you laughing at Mendes? You're the one that did this to me."

"It was your wife's idea." he countered. "Besides that sex was hot." Lauren and Camila both glared at him, and he swallowed hard. Camila smiled to herself. He wasn't wrong. Camila got to tease and caress her wife as Shawn thrust into her. They wanted a baby and there was no man on the ship that they trusted more than Shawn.

"Lauren," the midwife said, "I can see the head. You're almost there. Just push, honey." And Lauren gave it all she got, squeezing the life out of Camila's hand. Shawn just stood behind the midwife watching the baby come out and looking kind of like he was about to faint. "Here's the head, and here comes the shoulders. You're doing fine, Lauren. Come on, keep pushing. Aw, it's a girl. Alright, legs, feet and she's out."

Lauren panted as the midwife cut the cord and cleaned up her little girl. Then a minute later she came back with the little bundle wrapped in a blanket, and placed it in Lauren's arms. Camila scooted over into the bed, behind Lauren, and Shawn walked over to the other side of Lauren.

"Hi there." Lauren cooed at her daughter. She smiled and looked over at her wife, who had tears in her eyes. "Hey there, little one."

"What's her name?" Shawn asked.

Lauren looked up at Camila and they smiled at each other. "Beth Jauregui Cabello." Camila stated proudly.

"No Mendes in there? After all, I am the father."

"Shawn, your last name might be Mendes, but you know that you are basically a Cabello. Besides my name carries more weight."

"Hey, I'm the new Captain of the ship."

"Only because Mom and Daddy retired. Besides, I'm the Quartermaster. I have just as much power as you do."

"Alright," Lauren interrupted, "back to your corners. Besides, I think this little one wants her other mommy to hold her. Shawn, why don't you bring the others in? Sinu, Alejandro, Normani, Dinah and Demi have been waiting outside for a while." Lauren handed over her daughter and Shawn went outside and got the gang.

They introduced their daughter to everyone. Alejandro and Sinu smiled and took turns holding their grand-daughter. Dinah and Normani gave a little stuffed duck to the young girl, while Demi promised to see to it that the little girl grew up strong and brave like her two mothers.

"So," Dinah asked, "what's her pirate name?" The three parents all looked at each other and shrugged. None of them have really thought about it.

"You didn't come up with a pirate name?" Demi scolded. "Shame on you." Sinu and Alejandro just laughed.

"I have an idea for one." Normani said. "Camila, your name in Italian means our star, right?" Camila nodded. "Well this little girl is going to be your little star, so how about that? Estrella Poca. Little star."

Lauren glanced over at Camila and smiled. "I like it."

Camila just nodded and kissed her wife. "Me too."

"You know," Demi interrupted, "that's what Shelby used to call you before you were born, Camila. You were her little star." Alejandro and Sinu just nodded at the memory.

Shawn chuckled. "Little star it is. Hello, Baby Estrella."

Lauren pulled Camila closer to her on the bed, so that both of them were seated comfortably, and Sinu gave the baby back to Lauren. Lauren took Beth into her arms and laid her own head on Camila's shoulder.

"Normani," Dinah smirked, "look how cute they are. I want a baby."

"Okay, Dinah." Normani said. "I guess we now have to give this little one a playmate."

"Yay. You're going to look so pretty pregnant." Dinah replied as she stroked Normani's stomach.

"Wait. Why do I have to carry the child?"

"Because I'm a pirate officer. I can't be pregnant in front of the crew."

"Who says?"

"Yeah, Dinah." Lauren interjected, "who says? Camila is going to have the next one."

"Wait." Camila stammered. "What? I'm the Quartermaster, I can't."

"Yes, you can and yes, you are."

Alejandro and Sinu wrapped their hands around each other and chuckled at the exchange. Demi just whispered something into Dinah's ear and she beamed at her mother. Dinah then whispered in Normani's ear, which caused her to sigh. "Okay, I'll have this one, but you're getting the next one. You should do the same, Cabello, fair is fair."

Camila sighed. "We'll talk about it." Lauren smiled and yawned. "Alright, my baby mama's sleepy. I think it's time for you all to go." Everyone filed out of the room and Lauren cuddled up to Camila with Beth in her arm. Camila kissed her wife, and embraced her tighter. She kissed the top of Beth's head and began to sing "Hoist the Colors" as a lullaby, just as her parents had done for her when she was younger. As she sang, Camila smiled, knowing the life couldn't get any better than this.