Part 3

Ian had to stay in the hospital for three days.

And I spent every second of those days by his side.

For three days, I sat in that little plastic chair. I just sat there, slept there, lived there. I only left to get food or use the bathroom. Besides that, I refused to leave. 

He slept the majority of the day, which just lowered my hopes, because every single time he woke up, I prayed he would remember again. But he never did.

The times when he was awake, I'd just talk to him. Catch him up on his life up to this point. I told him about how we have been best friends since we were young, and we were the kind of best friends that would always be best friends no matter what. I told him about how our job was to make videos on YouTube, stupid little videos where we dressed up in silly costumes and made fun of popular things. And he had a really hard time believing that we were one of the most popular channels on the whole website, and we had over twelve million fans all over the world.

But there were a few things I wasn't totally truthful about.

At the time, I thought it would be best to just leave out a few big pieces of information. But that would later come back to haunt me.

I didn't tell him about Melanie. Or Kalel. Or that I actually lived in a whole different city six driving hours away. 

And then there was the first day he got to come home.

On the way there, I lied again. Which I really shouldn't have done considering the doctor told me to stick to routine as much as possible, but, I mean, it wasn't a complete lie. Everything was true a few years ago.

I told him we still lived together in the Smosh house. And I guess it was a good thing that the hosue was still filled with furniture, so it looked like we really did. And maybe it would be true soon. Maybe when he got his memory back, Ian would sell his house he shared with Melanie, and I would finally build up the courage to break up with Kalel and move back to Sacramento. And maybe we would find love, which I had secretly desired for years. 

Of course, I was just dreaming. What happened a few days ago changed both of our lives forever. Who knows what would happen in the future?

Ian and I stood in the computer room, and I watched him as he examined all the art we had hung up on the wall. Posters from old Smosh videos, fan art from all over the world. He just stared at them, his mouth slightly open, his eyes wide. 

Well, I guess I couldn't blame him. If I just lost my memory and found out I was basically, well, famous, I would be a little astonished too.

"So, we film these... videos," he started, his eyes fixed on the Sex Ed Rocks poster. "And people like them?"

I laughed a little. "Yeah. For some reason."

He just stared ahead, shaking his head a little.

"We also have this second channel, where we post stupid videos every week of us eating lunch and opening mail. And we have a gaming channel, another one where our videos are dubbed into Spanish, and a cartoon channel..."

He just continued shaking his head.

After a moment, he turned to me.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just really tired."

I nodded. "Then go to bed."

He nodded also. "Okay."

He turned and headed for the door, but I stopped him.

I wrapped my arms around him, being careful of the dark blue cast on his left arm. I pressed my face into his hair, squeezing my eyes shut, biting my lip.

He didn't really hug back, but I wasn't realy expecting him to. I just needed to feel him in my arms again. Remind myself that it was really Ian, even though it didn't feel like it.

After a moment, I let him go.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking down. "I know this is a lot to take in. I'm sorry our life is so abnormal."

He nodded a little. "It's okay. It's not like it's your fault. And besides, I kinda like it. It's exciting."

I smiled a little, and he did too, and for the first time, I felt like things were beginning to shape up.

"Goodnight, Ian," I told him.

"Goodnight, Anthony," he responded, trying to smile at me.

And then he turned and walked away, and I took a deep breath and went to close the door, but a second later, I was stopped again.

And Ian came back and asked me one little question. One question that made me bite my tongue to keep from sobbing.

"Which room is mine again?"

A/N: I can't decide if I like this yet or not lol hmu with your opinions