Part 15

A/N: Sigh life is probably gonna be hella busy for a while sigh sigh sorry if I kinda die for a while

Ian and I as a couple honestly turned out better than I'd even pictured.

Well, I mean, it had only been three days, but still.

We really were in love. And because of it, we skipped the awkward initial month of "firsts." We just got right into normal couple things: cuddling, holding hands, kissing. It felt like we had been dating for a century, but at the same time, every growing second felt like a dream.

And those three days were actually the best of my life.

We got back to filming videos on a daily basis. I got back to countless hours of editing, and he even wrote a few decent scripts. If we kept on this schedule, we could start releasing videos again next week.

Sometimes, I forgot the accident even happened. This has been the first time I've believed that things could go back to being completely normal.

///

"So... are we gonna tell them about... us, or not?"

I peeled my eyes away from the road for a moment to glance over at Ian. He looked over at me, his eyes shielded by his sunglasses. The radio was on softly, and our hands were intertwined between the seats.

His sister and her husband were in town, so we were going to have dinner with his family. His parents had come over a few times since the accident, but he hadn't had too much interaction with his family. I had no idea what to expect.

I shrugged a little. "Do you want to?"

He was quiet for a minute.

"I don't know. I do, I mean, but I don't know how they'll react."

I pondered this for a minute. Ian's family had been like my second family for over a decade now; I knew them and they knew me. And I think they really liked me. 

"I personally think they'll be really happy for us," I said, squeezing his hand a little. "But if you don't feel comfortable yet, I completely understand. It's totally up to you."

I pulled into the driveway, turning off the car.

"I'll be perfectly fine if you decide to tell them, but if you don't want to yet, I won't be offended. Just whatever you want to do."

He smiled at me, taking off his sunglasses. 

"You're the best," he said, going to open his door.

I leaned over and kissed him, slowly.

"Love you."

"Love you too," he said, getting out of the car.

///

Everything ended up really well, actually.

Over dinner, Ian's family handled the situation perfectly. They didn't bring up the accident once, only acted like it never even happened. Which is exactly what they were supposed to do.

At first, he was quiet and I did a lot of the talking for him, but after realizing that these people were his family and they really did love and care for him, he opened up, and after just a few minutes, it was like any normal family dinner.

And then they asked me about Kalel.

I just calmly said that things weren't working out, and I was living with Ian full-time again. They immediately apologized, but I just shook it off and told them it was fine. And it was. It had only been a little over a week, and I was already over a three-year relationship. And it was all because of Ian.

I felt Ian looking over at me and I carefully looked back at him. I recognized the look on his face; he was asking for something. Asking permission.

I smiled and nodded a little, and he smiled too.

"Actually," he said, looking around at the faces of all his relatives, then smiling right at me. "We're actually together now."

I smiled back at him, and the room went silent. I carefully looked around the room, feeling myself blushing. Everyone was quiet. That was never a good sign.

And then his mom laughed.

"Well, it's about time."

I felt myself laugh a little, and Ian grabbed my hand under the table, and everyone around the table agreed. They were happy for us.

I really could not have been happier.