.35.

The last game went much slower than I expected, as I'd forgotten just how good the third years were at defense. Tsukishima was a little out of his element, which caused Ennoshita to pull some pretty extreme saves.

"They're monsters." Hinata muttered from his seat beside me, awe clear in his eyes.

"They've had lots of practice." I replied, though I was impressed, too. How long had this rally gone? Roughly six returns? More?

"I'm betting on your team, though." Nishinoya speculated. "Tsukishima really gives you guys the height advantage."

"I'm not sure." I shrugged. "I think the odds are near even."

"Really?" Hinata looked over at me with a little surprise. "You think it's anyone's game?"

"Yeah. Narita and Kinoshita have a better defense when it comes to receives, and, with Narita on their side, they only lack a little in blocking." I justified, but realized Hinata had become distracted.

He nodded, but seemed as if he hadn't really heard me. He appeared to be unable to look me in the eyes.

Oh. The text.

I suddenly remembered he'd seen evidence of my... What had Ennoshita called it? A fling? Anyway, he likely suspected my being in a relationship with Tsukishima.

At this very moment, he'd probably forgotten about it until we made eye contact. He must not have told anyone, or I would have heard something about it sometime. I felt a surge of gratitude for the second year.

"Nice kill, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi called from my left, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up just in time to see the ball land in between the two third years as they both dived to send it up. A whistle sounded, and I realized it marked the end of the game.

"Go Team One!" I cheered, making my way onto the court.

"Your team spirit in impeccable." Tsukishima replied with a stony expression.

"And you're being a party pooper." I answered, offering Ennoshita a high five. "That one dig was beyond impressive. Couldn't have done it better myself."

"Thanks." He replied, accepting one of the waters I brought.

"And you." I turned to Tsukishima, handing him the other bottle. "Adequate."

"Oh, the divine (Boy Name) has passed down word." He rolled his eyes, taking the water. "Did you hear, Ennoshita-san? I'm adequate."

He was smirking, but it wasn't the cynical one. This was the one I liked. The one he hadn't shown for roughly four days.

"Tch. Children." Ennoshita shook his head, but I knew he felt it, too. The feeling of the two of use returning to normal.

∆∆∆

"(Boy Name)!" I heard barely Kageyama's yell through my sleepy daze, turning around in time to see him jogging over from where he was loading the bus.

"Morning, Kageyama." I greeted, blocking a large yawn behind the back of my hand as I stretched. Somehow, Kageyama was always such a morning person. Even now, when we were setting out for Fukurodani at five am, he seemed unaffected.

"I just wanted to know if you were planning to stay nights with the team?" He asked, ignoring the way I probably looked; like I hadn't slept at all the night before, which I hadn't. "Since you can't exactly come back at night."

"Oh, yeah." I nodded, pulling my gym bag higher onto my shoulder. "I'm staying with you guys."

That reminded me of my careful planning for the next five days. Ukai had called ahead with the other coaches, arranging for my shower times and morning routines to be done in the girl's locker room, which would usually have been closed during the camp.

I could pull off the next week as long as I planned showers when the majority of the players were eating, and woke up earlier than the others. And I had purchased a comfortable sports bra that, combined with a tank top, looked normal beneath a baggy T-shirt.

So, yes, I'd sleep in the same room as the team. I could appear totally normal.

That is, I would. With the help of one particular teammate in on the ruse.

"Oh, (Boy Name)!" Kageyama interrupted my thoughts as he appeared to remember something. "Ennoshita's looking for you."

"Oh, thanks." I nodded, and he waved tiredly as he walked off.

I searched through the small group at the bus, and assumed Ennoshita had gone to the clubroom with the remainder of the team.

"Chikara?" I called as I approached the open door to the room. I pushed the door in, and my eyes met with a very shirtless Tanaka.

I resisted the urge to squeal and cover my eyes, instead averting my line of sight to the others in the room. Ennoshita was on the phone, not very happy going by his body language.

"Who's he talking to?" I turned to Tsukishima, who was almost helping Yamaguchi sort through his spilled bag.

"Narita. He's cancelling." He answered shortly as he fiddled with Yamaguchi's falling belongings. I watched as he balanced a tiny shampoo bottle on the back of his hand with distasteful boredom, completely unaffected.

"Cancelling?" I whisper-yelled.

"Yeah, he's got mono or something." He explained, still not really invested in the conversation. I watched as Ennoshita nodded in understanding, shoulders sunken defeatedly.

"Yeah, alright." He said, I guessed in answer to something Narita had said. "Feel better, then."

He hung up, sighing heavily. He appeared to remember I was there after a moment's recollection, and he glanced up.

"So, (Boy Name)." He clapped his hands together loudly, too loudly according to the winces of the tired third year pair to my left. Nishinoya actually let out a pained groan at the sound.

"Would you mind filling in as vice captain for a few days?'