.40.

He was going to be the death of me.

We were six points down from their ten points, and the last spike I'd hit was nearly blocked. Somehow, though, the only thing that took priority in my mind was the way he'd changed.

Oikawa had always been a good setter. He trusted and helped his teammates, even if they didn't get along off the court. He was always naturally a leader.

Now, though, I realized I'd only seen the lowest of his capabilities. He'd become a physical marvel, that was obvious from watching him.

Especially with that serve. I had immediately felt déjà vu upon watching him wind up. During his second serve, I realized it was because I had just watched it be hit from my side of the court, a near exact replica of Kageyama's serve.

Well, judging from the way Nishinoya seemed nearly used to it, perhaps I was watching the original.

The fact that he was an amazing captain was shown in the way he constructed his team. Even if about two-thirds of his team looked barely friendly towards him from the beginning.

So, yes, we were much younger as a team, in both skill and teamwork. In terms of leadership, we were being challenged beyond our capabilities.

"Got it!" Nishinoya's words sounded from behind me as the spike blew past Kageyama's and my block.

I heard more than saw the receive, but I watched in awe as the ball arced right to Tanaka. That was Nishinoya's first time receiving Ushijima's spike this game.

"Get the last, (Boy Name)!" He called as he hit it up again.

The mischievous redhead smirked, likely trying to psych me out as he watched the arcing toss. I pushed my anxiety about Tendō deep down, watching his actions as calmly as possible.

I was at the apex of my jump when his block switched a little to the left.

Fatal mistake.

He'd probably assumed I would take advantage of his off angle at the beginning, and had changed last minute to catch me. What he hadn't anticipated was my reaction.

From the beginning I'd planned to hit to his now open right, sure he'd left the left open as a trap. I was correct.

The ball hit the floor with a satisfying sound, cutting to the right at the last few moments.

I finally hit the ground, feeling like the millisecond long interaction had lasted ages. I grinned widely at the change in score, my suspicions finally confirmed.

"Nice kill, (Boy Name)!" Tanaka commended, knocking against my shoulder.

"Thanks, Tanaka." I laughed, now feeling very light in my chest. "Oh, and Kageyama?"

The setter turned to face me, an expectant look on his face.

"You were wrong." I whispered, enjoying the confusion on his face for a moment. "I see much more than him."

I turned and faced the net again, watching the quick huddle on the other side of the net. Were they talking about me?

The guess monster.

The nickname had originally scared me. Now, though, I knew that's all they were. Guesses. He just guessed what I'd do next and accounted for it.

Except for the fact that he was underestimating me. In both times we'd gone head to head so far, he'd stayed his plan. He didn't know I watched him and changed my hits on a whim.

We rotated, and it was my turn to serve. There were no weak points on the opposite side, only small, infinitesimal holes I couldn't seem to manipulate.

I settled on hitting towards Ushijima, hoping it would keep him from using that devastating attack. So far, Nishinoya had picked it up once. Tsukishima, despite his efforts, was defeated each time they matched up.

I cursed under my breath when Ushijima managed to stay upright, preparing to run up for the toss.

I watched Oikawa's movements, and quickly ruling out a quick toss to Ushijima. Instead, I aligned with the block covering Bokuto's jump, ready to receive his limited course.

When he managed to avoid the block, I was there to throw myself in front of the ball.

While he didn't hit quite as hard or oddly as Ushijima, he definitely left my arms tingling with pain. I shook out the feeling, gritting my teeth and watching the ball skyrocket upwards.

I looked over at Kageyama, giving a small, practically unnoticeable shake of my head. Both Tendō and Daichi were sticking to me, leaving only Oikawa to jump for the block on the right.

Kageyama seemed to understand, and Hinata was already in the air for a quick. The ball left Hinata's palm and immediately hit Oikawa's finger tips.

What a wipe.

I'd found myself marveling at Hinata's flawless block outs more often than not lately. He'd almost perfected the move in the last month or two.

I smirked after the ball, watching it fly towards the back of the gym with wild abandon. We'd finally reached six points, only four behind our over powered opponents.

"Hinata," I began, "I could kiss you right now." I ruffled his mop of hair before my serve.

"No Time, (Boy Name)!" Tanaka shouted, tossing the ball to me. "Serving time." I went for a normal standing serve this time, watching as it fell onto the net and onto the other side with ease. They scrambled forward, but they were too late to stop the ball's descent.

I caught the ball again, leaping again for a jump serve, hoping it would confuse them. I should have known it was a little too much to ask for from an experienced team.

The set went to Tendō, and they earned yet another point. I was almost bitter at our incomparable skill, but I couldn't seem to find the emotion.

Instead, I watched as Nishinoya cleanly sent up a serve directly from Ushijima.

The set was to Hinata, whose spike was received. Oikawa seemed to be waiting for the moment to set to Ushijima again, and they pulled off a flawless quick.

Or rather, they would have if Tsukishima had not been on the exact same track as Oikawa. The block was perfectly timed, deflecting off Tsukishima's stiff forearms and meeting their side of the floor with force.

No, I didn't have it in me to be upset about the difference in skill. I was too excited about the amount of growth happening in one match.