Chapter 4

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I make no promises on how frequently I update. I don't own the show or the characters except the OC I made. I don't own the picture. I don't own it.

Kendra's P.O.V.

"Aldus is, just not this life." Carter starts. "Kendra and I had him biologically, just in a different life."

KC, Snart, Mick, Sara, and Jax all had looks of understanding as this was revealed. Expect KC, Snart, and Mick's expressions turned to ones of indifference, but KC and Mick's eyes looked like there hiding an odd balance of rage and concern. When I looked at Snart that faint barely there buzzing was back. Leonard's eyes they showed that same vulnerability he had when he first saw out of my suit. Expect if I didn't know any better I say there was hurt in his them.

"Ok," KC says breaking the silence, getting everyone's attention. "You can continue interrogating Rip and if you want I will help interrogate him," KC then turns back to Rip and flashes her eyes at him. "very violently." She turns back to everyone else and changes back into a human. I pushed the buzzing feeling to the back of my mind and turned back to Rip.

"Who attacked us?" I say with rage.

"Something of a long story." Rip sighed.

"Better tell it fast Rip, because it doesn't look like the lady's in a patient mood." Snart states, his eyes now clear of all emotion of all except annoyance.

"Neither am I." Carter says walking over to me.

"His name is Chronos. He works for the council of Time Masters." Rip pauses.

Wait isn't Rip a Time Master? Why would the he attack us?

Rip sighs. "My former employers."

"I thought you were a Time Master." Sara comments crossing her arms.

"As I have expressed, time's not linear thing. At some point I was, in fact, a Time Master." Rip explains before Sara punched him in the face. "Will you people stop hitt-" Rip was then interrupted by KC punching him in the nose causing him to stumble back a bit and wipe some blood from his nose.
"Nice hit, Red." Mick says smiling. "I got next." He starts moving towards Rip, hands fisted.

"Hold it, Mick," Snart starts. "Time-Douche here can't talk if he has a broken jaw. You can break after he talks." Mick then backs up a bit but takes a threatening stance and expression.

"Start telling the truth or you'll see how hard I can really hit." Sara says pissed.

"I relinquished my position as a Time Master when I commandeered the Waverider. Chronos was clearly sent to bring me in." Rip explains.

"You lied to us." Stein hurt.

My son is dying because Rip lied. Chronos hurt him because we came here. Because we came here.

No. He was hit because I brought him back to the ship. I brought him here. He's dying because of me.

"Of course I lied to you. I needed your help... you all barely said yes as it was." Rip said.

"What about the legends part?" Jax asks Rip. Rip stays quiet and doesn't make eye contact.

"Ooh, you lied about that too, didn't you?" Snart states.

"I choose you all because a hundred years from now your lives have minimal effect on the recorded timeline. I needed your help without disturbing the history of 2166." Rip explained.

"So, we're like the opposite of legends." Jax summarized.

"Glad that's not why we signed on." KC commented to Snart and Mick.