Sun and Fun

Chapter 1

Sun And Fun  

Cabo San Lucas

September 2013

I really don't want to be here

I really don't want to be here. I'd rather be home or at Grey House. The things I do for my brother... at least this morning's run is shaping up nicely . Running along the shore I see the resort coming up to my right. It really is a nice place. All beachfront, low rise buildings, villas to the left and right ends with private pools and one large main swimming area. It's only two stories with one Penthouse, on the third floor with an infinity pool, which is mine. Terribly expensive but it's the only four star with a Michelin rated restaurant and people pay for its location and amenities, which are bountiful.

Of course, no sooner than I'm winding down from my run, relaxing, a call comes in. Feeling the phone vibrating in the front pocket of my jogging shorts. It's Roz, and undoubtedly must deal with the latest merger were currently working on.

"What is it Roz?"

"Christian, it looks like the deal has gone sour. Marcus just figured out they were padding the books and it looks like this company is worthless."

"Dammit Roz, I've poured nearly a $1 million trying to acquire this company and are just know telling me now it's worthless? And how did you guys not catch on that this was a pile of shit? That it was headed nowhere?" I'm so pissed I can't see straight.

"Boss they covered their tracks pretty well."

Picking up my walking pace to burn off the newly growing adrenaline "Not fucking good enough. I told you Marcus was too green to take on a project of such magnitude and because I followed your advice, it's fucking costing me." Just as I'm saying that, swinging around a corner, I bump into someone with some force. Without looking down I grab her arm to keep her from toppling over and without breaking my stride continue walking toward the penthouse. As I continue taking out my frustrations on Roz I hear, who I assume is the girl I almost knocked over.

"Oi!"

"Oi!"

"Oi, Grizzly Adams I'm talking to you!" just then a feel a thud landing between my shoulder-blades. Turning around I see a bottle of water and 8x10 photos scattered on the ground around her with some getting blown away by the constant ocean breeze and this girl on bending over attempting to catch the photos and all I can make out is her mass of dark hair whipping around in the wind. Without looking up she starts chewing me out.

"You inconsiderate tosser. You come barreling around the corner as if you are the only person this planet. You crash into me nearly knocking me off my feet only to be yanked by my elbow so that everything flies out of my arms." standing up to show me her sundress "Look at me, you ruined my dress, I'm wearing my iced-coffee. Then I get nothing, not even so much as a simple apology."

Pulling the phone away from my ear, resting it on my chest sounding as condescending as possible. "Look here Missy, I got a deal that is collapsing and... "

Coming across as arrogant as she bent over to collect her photos cutting me off "Yes, and anyone within earshot is quite aware you have a deal that is imploding." grumbling to herself "Great, now I'm not going to make the courier's pickup."

As if I was in the mood to be scolded by some young tourist. "Why don't get with the program Missy and catch up with the rest of the Western world by sending photos as email attachments instead of printing them."

I guess my latest comment pushed this young filly over the edge because she stands, squares her shoulders pulls up her Jackie O sunglasses so that they rest on the top her her head. Glaring at me while shaking her finger at me "Don't you for one moment dare you are in a position in telling me how you think I should conduct my affairs you smug wanker."

It's as if the world stopped spinning on it's axis. I'm met with the most beautiful blue yet angry eyes I've ever seen. Darker than the blue sky that surrounds us, more like the Pacific Ocean's I just ran alongside of. They are a little too large for her face with rows of dark long lashes, full of expression and at this moment they are stormy. My mind races, taking in facial features. She has a small slightly upturned nose with lips that just won't quit. A plump lower lip with a well defined cupid's bow on her top lip. And fuck me if I didn't hear a single word she said. Since then the realization sink in. I think she's English maybe Irish, she has an accent but I can't put my finger on it. All I know is that makes her sexier and more beautiful than she already is

 All I know is that makes her sexier and more beautiful than she already is