Belly of the Beast

Chapter 7 Part I

In The Belly of The Beast

What a clusterfuck this trip has turned into. Raking my fingers through my hair I look at the monitors. And see Anastasia sitting on a lounge chair staring out onto the sunset looking like a pillar of stone. After what seems like an eternity there's movement, walking over to her bag pulling out her laptop.

Anastasia's POV

Plopping down in a chair, I'm spinning. I want to scream and kick that Knob in the gonads.

Stay calm and get to bottom of this.

Grabbing my laptop I turn to Jason who's hovering about twenty feet from me standing by the bar.

Taking a look around making sure we are alone, I address Jason in a bitchy tone "You" while pointing my index finger toward the ceiling "I noticed three sat domes atop the yacht which means there is some sort of internet. I want access."

"Yes ma'am" reaching behind the bar he picks up an index card making his way towards me "Would you care for a drink from the bar?" I ignore his question.

"Miss Steele..."

Waiting for the laptop to finish booting, I cut him off. My voice, clipped "Mr. Taylor, if I want something to drink I can walk to the bar and ask. Also, it's quite apparent that over the last few minutes there has been no effort made to slow down or stop this yacht which means I'm here for the duration, or until we reach Mazatlan. So I'll need some sort of sleeping arrangements made, unless here on the deck is where I'll bed down for the night. And if you are hovering because your boss is fretting and expects you to run interference because he fears I'll rat him out when Nancy shows her face. Let him know, it's not my place to Out him. Now please do me this one solid and get out of my space."

Staring at him, I refuse to back down. Like Dad always said "The moment they suspect weakness then the battle is lost." He can do what I say or have me tossed.

I see Jason's lips tighten, his jaw flexing several times... he's biting his tongue yet his eyes tell me the story. It's the same look when he helped me with the photos. They are kinda eyes. Taking a step back he does a 180, walking away. This guy is total military.

It's only been about five minutes since talking with to him when he returns with a member of the crew who is collecting my bags.

"Miss Steele, I have sleeping arrangements for you, unfortunately it's lower deck where the crew sleeps. It's a four berth cabin, tight quarters but all yours and also includes a personal ensuite. We've secured the two upper bunks out of the way so you have plenty of headroom. Please follow Raul and me, we'll show you the way."

"Sounds more than sufficient, Mr. Taylor."

"Please ma'am, it's just Taylor. So that you are aware of this evening's events, cocktails will be in the Main Salon's Sun deck level, followed by supper which begins at 21.00. In your cabin you will find a detailed map of Cloud 9 and its amenities. I also took the liberty of printing an itinerary should you be interested in any land or water related activities offered." smiling "Miss Steele, I do like your Pelican hardcase. It's legal carry-on size, right?"

Ughh... must you make unnecessary small talk - I'm not in the mood for conversing.

Stay polite. "Yes it is. My camera equipment is never checked."

Thanking Raul for lugging my bags I turn to Taylor "Erm, look, if need something how do I contact you?"

"Ma'am, I'll be loitering in the lounge where we just left if you need anything." Giving me a smile