Itches

Chapter 3

Itches

What a gorgeous day to be on the water. We left promptly at 9:00 am. The skipper took us out about an hour from Cabo and let do our thing. All of us with the exception of Elliot had a line in the water. He was busy holding true to his word, creating chum. I was glad to see and hear his buds giving him shit. Breaking for prelunch the crew made us was a delicious meal and was relieved that Elliot ate though as quickly as lunch was complete he started doing shots of tequila.

Frustrated I call Roz from the satellite phone. "Where are we?"

Roz's voice cutting out "Well good day to you too, Christian. On the business front Marcus is still uncovering more discrepancies. We may have to be here until Monday, at least."

"Absolutely fucking NO! These fuckers want to embellish and doctor the books, leave it up to him to up to decipher. You need to get home to Gwen. My jet's not available so you will hire a private company to fly you home for the weekend, you need to be with her, she's getting close. I know Marcus can't take the books with him but he can handle the next several days without you mothering him."

Hearing her laugh "Me, mothering, not for a moment. So look-here soon to be Uncle Christian, Gwen knows what she was in for before we married. You don't need get all paternal on us."

Grinning "That's one thing about you Roz, you don't pussy foot around anything. I just hope you'll be a bit gentler with your kid, than you are when talking to me."

Hearing bellowing laughter. "You know what Christian, I can't wait, though Gwen is pushing me to my wits end. She's driving me crazy."

"More of the reason you should be home by the weekend. Leave Marcus to do his job. I'll be in Seattle late Sunday night. We'll meet on Monday, first thing. We can go into details regarding discovery. After that, these fuckers can fly to Seattle, let them spend a nickel and have them get on their knees. They can beg me or have the findings turned over. Regardless, it's you that goes and Marcus that stays."

Hearing her sigh "Christian, I wouldn't be where I am without you."

"Rosalyn Gillian Bailey, you are not for one moment allowed to think that. You are the smartest person I know" smirking "outside of me. You badgered me until I rehired you after taking over Cascade Cellular. You broke the stereotype in what Old Goats considers Corporate America. You are a symbol and speak for women and the gay community. You took the glass ceiling, shattered it and the proof of the pudding lies in the fact that you've been on the cover of Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and Time Magazine. You worked hard and earned every accolade."

Guess that shut her up because she changed the topic "So tell me Grey, having much luck in the waters?"

"Caught a Sailfish, which took me damn near 30 minutes to land and after a few photo ops, released it."

"Nice Grey. So will it be a framed photo that's found on your desk?"

"Not a chance. I don't clutter my desk with trivial momentous." getting back to my point "No joke Roz, I want you to be home this weekend with Gwen."

"By the way Grey, there are some email threads between Marcus and me which have been CC to you."

"Got it Roz. Should I have questions, I'll call later this evening."

Hanging up without so much as a goodbye, I walk out to the main deck where Liam and Ethan are back to fishing. Liam, Elliot's college mate caught a nice twenty pound Yellowfin Tuna.

The cook on board grilled our Tuna to perfection and there was so much that everyone on boat feasted. I was glad to see Elliot eating.

After landing in the marina, Elliot passed out on our ride in the golf cart back to the resort, thankfully they drove us to the guy's Villa door. It was soon after getting Elliot to bed that everyone was off taking showers and before you know it they were scattering like rats off a sinking ship all going their own way. Hell, I don't blame them, the night was very young, not quite 6:30pm. I was surprised when Liam, Arthur and Winston invited me to join them for night on the main drag, which I declined.