Ch 11

Jawn was surprisingly silent on the drive home. He only caused the cabbie to swerve twice!

"Well, sir, since you didn't exactly, um, give me an address, can I just drop you off here?" The cabbie asked.

Jawn thought for a moment, then nodded vigorously. The cabbie pulled over smoothly and Jawn hopped out. The cab drove off, leaving Jawn quite alone on the sidewalk. However, he didn't seem to mind. Jawn strutted away happily.

Suddenly, as he was passing a phone booth, it started to ring. Without a second thought, Jawn sprinted over and picked it up. After all, his mother always said, "now Jawn, if you're walking along a quiet sidewalk after being abandoned by your hot detective potential boyfriend and you hear a phone ringing, IMMEDIATELY PICK IT UP. DONT ASK ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PICK UP THE PHONE." Jawn found that when he heeded his mothers advice, good things happened.

"HELLO," Jawn screamed into the receiver. "THIS IS JAAAAWN WATZON SPEAKING!"

The other end of the phone was silent for a moment. Then a voice that sounded like its owner had inhaled helium whispered "Jawn... Get into the car"

"What car?" Jawn whispered back, trying to imitate the squeaky voice, but was quickly answered when a lilac VW bug pulled up to the curb. It had those little car eyelashes that some people put on their cars, and it's license plate said "Cake5eva." Jawn thought that this was the most majestic car he had ever seen. He hopped in.

Once inside, the first thing Jawn noticed was that the seats were a bright red. The second thing he noticed was the fact that there was a lady sitting in the other seat. Jawn, trying to be polite, smiled at her. He didn't stop smiling for about 30 seconds, not breaking eye contact or blinking. His father taught him that this was the proper way to smile.

The lady rolled her eyes. She popped a piece of gum into her mouth and started blowing a bubble.

"Ohmygod, ugh. Don't look at me you filthy little squirrel. I have a reputation to maintain," she said in a voice Jawn had only heard the annoying cliche "popular" girls on Disney Channel use. The lady sent a text on the white iPhone, reading quietly to herself what she wrote.

"I got the Jawn. Be right therez. Lmao. Winky face emoji, sparkle emoji," she said to herself.

"Why am I here," Jawn quietly screeched.

The lady looked at Jawn irritably. "I'm not even going to answer that omg. Driver, go. I'm done with this street. And all streets. Walking is for the lower class."

They sped off into the night.