Chapter 17

"Hey Dal we should probably get back, the gang is probably worried about us" I said, followed by a long yawn.

Dally and I fell asleep not long after looking out at the pond. We woke up about a half hour ago, but we decided to stay and talk a little longer, we never got much time alone.

"Yeah let's get back, it's starting to get dark" Dally said standing up and grabbing my hand to pull me up.

We walked hand and hand out of the trail and back onto the main road.

"That is such a beautiful place" I said after a few minutes of silence.

"It is, I used to go there a lot before you came, mainly to get away from everyone" He said not making eye contact.

"Do anyone else know about it?" I asked.

"Not that I know of, I've never seen anyone else there before" He said pulling out a cigarette from his pocket.

We walked a little faster now, still silent until we reached the house. I almost felt scared that Darry was going to be angry or something.

"Dally, Hannah where have you been?" Darry asked. Dally rolled his eyes.

"Secret" He said sitting down on the couch next to Pony. Darry looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders. He gave me a concerned look.

"I'm fine Darry" I giggled but stopped when I realized he wasn't laughing along. "We're fine"

Darry sighed and went back into the kitchen, I assume he was making some dinner. I sat down on the floor next to Two-Bit and watched Mickey, surprisingly all the times I've watched Mickey these couple months, it still haven't bothered me a whole lot.

"Dinner" Darry said and we all gathered to the kitchen to get some food.

Later that night I was in Soda's room putting away some of my clothes, when I discovered a piece of paper crumpled up in my pocket. I unfolded it and tried to pick out what was written on it. It had the name Julia with a phone number underneath it. Julia? Why does that sound so familiar. I sat there and thought about it for a while until I realized she is the girl who likes Soda.

"Soda come quick!" I yelled and I heard him coming straight to the room.

"What's wrong?" He said almost out of breath. I giggle and pat the bed for him to come sit down. "What is it?" He asked as I handed him the piece of paper.

"You remember Julia? From the store a while ago?" I asked and he looked a little confused.

"The one with the glasses and the brown/blonde hair? She wasn't sure what was wrong with her car.." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yes I remember her, this is her number? Where did you get it?" He asked smiling.

"She gave it to me to give to you, after she told me she liked you" I smiled. Soda tackled me to the bed with a huge hug.

"Thank you Han, you're the best sister ever" Soda said after getting off of me.

"No problem Soda" I smiled and left the room for him to be alone.

"What was that about?" Pony asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just a girl thing" I said and sat on the couch with Dally.

***

"Han, Han wake up" I hear Soda whispering while shaking my shoulders back and forth. I had went for a nap and I swear I was only asleep for an hour.

"What's up Soda?" I asked rolling over to face him standing up by the side of the bed.

"I called Julia, I'm taking her out later" He smiled weakly.