Chapter 31

The day went by so slowly. It started raining after lunch so there wasn't much to do. We all sat around and watched TV, like every other day.

"Excited about your birthday coming up Soda?" Johnny asked.

Birthday? I didn't know anything about Soda's birthday. That reminded me of my birthday, coming up next week.

"I guess so" Soda smiled.

"Hey Han, when's your birthday?" Two-bit asked.

"November 27th" I said taking a sip of me coffee.

"That's mine!" Soda said excitedly.

"Wow twins" Pony said.

This was pretty amazing. We've never talked about this. I have a twin, that's so great.

"We have to do something special" Soda smiled and Darry agreed.

*** Birthday day ***

"Happy birthday twin" Soda rolled around and smiled at me.

"Happy birthday Soda" I smiled back.

"How do you feel about being 18?" He asked.

"Pretty great" I replied.

I sat up on the bed and Soda did too. He quickly kissed me on the cheek and got of the bed. I watched him as he got dressed. I'm so lucky to be spending this day with someone so amazing.

I realized this was my first birthday without my mom. Not that we ever did anything for my birthday since before dad died. I can't even remember the last time she wished me a happy birthday, she probably didn't know how old I was. Hopefully the day goes by good, I'm with a better family now.

"Come on, get dressed, we will go out together" Soda said sitting on the bed.

I went to the closet and picked out my outfit. I chose skinny black ripped jeans, a yellow t-shirt and converse. I combed my hair and put it back into two french braids.

"Ready?" Soda asked.

"Yup"

Soda grabbed my hand and we both walked out into the kitchen. It went quiet when we opened our door. Soda and I smiled at each other once again.

"Happy birthday!" The gang yelled, except for Dally which wasn't a surprise.

"Thanks guys" I smiled and we joined the gang into the living room.

"Happy birthday babe" Dally said and kissed me.

"Thanks Dal" I smiled.

Soda and I sat on the couch and Two-bit brought out a huge chocolate cake.

"A chocolate cake, what a surprise" I smirked at Two-bit and he winked at me. I laughed and Soda and I took a piece each from the cake. Two-Bit passed it around to the rest of the gang.

"To bad we have to work today" Soda said to Steve. 

"I know, but we will get together again later"

Shortly after Soda showered and we all ate, Soda and Steve took off for another days work. Darry was out the door behind them, each of them kissing me on the forehead as they went out. It was only Pony, Johnny, Two-bit and Dally left with me.

"What should we do until they come back?" Pony asked.

"Maybe go to the Dingo?" Two-bit suggested.

"We just ate breakfast Two-bit" I giggled. "But we can go there later on I guess"

The day went by so slow. We just got back from the Dingo. We were clueless on what to do. We walked around town but that was it. I was anxious to see what tonight would bring, Two-bit would bring up some details about it, like little teasers but when I asked questions he'd say it was a secret. I'm hoping it'll be a good time.