Chapter 13

"What?!" Cayden asks, confusion and furry written all over his face again.

"He has my initials like you do, and the first thing he said was 'come with me' in the precinct."

Cayden seems to be battling with himself as he tries to answer the same exact questions that are flowing through my mind. "Can you have two soulmates?"

I struggle to find words, but nothing clear comes to mind. "I honestly have no idea. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having more than one soulmate."

Cayden grabs my arms and looks directly in my eyes. "Have you told anyone about this?" he asks, as if scared that this whole fiasco is illegal or something.

"No, you're the only person I've told. Not even Kyle knows," I reply.

He seems to relax a bit, taking a step back. He runs his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth, and I know that I need to say something before he goes crazy.

"I'm sorry, Cayden. I'm sorry I put you through all of this," I say.

"It's okay," he sighs. "There's just a lot going on right now, and I don't know what to think anymore."

I nod. One things for sure: if I had thought about what my life might look like a month ago, I would've never imagined this. I especially would've never imagined that I would have two soulmates, but that's the least of my worries last now, so I decide to focus on what's in front of me for the moment.

"I know it's confusing, but you know what?" I ask Cayden.

"What?" he asks, looking up at me.

"No matter what, you'll always have me, and I will never leave you. Ever."

Cayden smiles, a smile I've never seen except for when he would play with Layla. It's soft and serene, almost as if he's in heaven, and before I know it, he walks over to me and softly raises my chin with his hands. Our lips touch ever so slightly, and immediately everything fades from my mind. Everything but Cayden.

I kiss him again, this time directly on the lips. Heat pours throughout my entire body, sending goosebumps up and down my arms. He pulls me closer, tucking one hand around my waist and the other at the back of my head.

I let go. I let go of every tight feeling and simply enjoy this enjoyment. Never have I known what it feels like to completely let go of everything that's bound within me, and never have I known what it feels like to completely trust and surrender yourself to someone. I begin to feel strong, confident, and happy all at once, but all too quickly that feeling disappears.

Cayden pulls away, his face masked with both satisfaction and hurt. I don't say anything because I'm afraid to ruin the moment.

"Come on, let's get out of here," he whispers, clearly distracted.

"What about Raven?"

"She'll hurt you. I know you won't cooperate with her, and something tells me she won't like that. I can't bare to see you get hurt."

Cayden seems to be battling with himself, but he nods to what he just said.

"Wait, what about Kyle?" I ask. Cayden's face contorts, and I realize that's why he's distracted and upset right now. I decide to answer my own question. "We can leave him. Detective Danner is probably almost here anyway."

"You sure?" Cayden asks, a little uneasy. I think he wants to help Kyle, but at the same time, I don't think he wants me near him, especially since he may be my other soulmate.

"I'm positive," I answer, although highly unsure.

We walk around the apartment and begin to gather some clothes and supplies, being careful not to wake Raven or Kyle. Once we gather everything we need, Cayden opens the apartment door and leads me down a back stairwell. We run on foot for about ten minutes until we come to a small used car dealership. Cayden buys some old, crappy car with all the money he has left. I'm assuming the rest of it is at his house because even I could buy a better car than this thing.

We get in and he turns on the ignition. "Once we go, there's no turning back. You know that right? We're actually on the run now, Alaska."

I look at him with the sincerest face. "I trust you with all of my heart."

Cayden smiles at me, his blue eyes glistening in the sunset. "Good, cause I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise."

Then the car explodes.

~~~~~~

You're probably thinking, what in the world just happened, but here's one of the first of many climaxes! Hope you're starting to get addicted because I'm super excited for the events to follow. I apologize for the short chapter, but the one's to come will be much longer in length.

Again, I apologize for the delay in an update, but I've been super busy with starting school, and writing seems to be at the bottom of my priorities at the moment. The only reason this chapter was accomplished was because I was actually bored for once lol.

Anyways, please vote and comment, especially for this particular chapter, because I love to hear ya'lls feedback :)